Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Providence (Providence #1) by Jamie McGuire

 
Struggling with her father's death, Nina meets Jared Ryel, presumably by chance. However it soon becomes clear that he knows more about her than even close friends. When her father's former associates begin following her in the dark, Nina learns that her father was not the man she thought he was, but a thief who stole from demons. In searching for the truth behind her father's death, she stumbles upon something she never expected, and something Hell wants, that only she holds the key for. Jared risks everything to keep the women he was born to save, by sharing the secret he was sworn to protect.
 
 

5 Angel Saving Stars

Re-read Audio version. I love audio books. I love audio books even more when I re-read my favorite reads. It’s like you are experiencing everything for the first time and with DOUBLE the emotions.

If you have read this series or want to re-read this series. The AUDIO version is the perfect way to go.

Providence=swoon

I have kissed boys, some of those boys more than once, who never have kissed like that.

That’s because you kissed boys, sweetheart

It’s a mysterious, intriguing and super romantic book.

Nina is coping with the recent death of her father and the beginning is just so sad. You feel for Nina and ache for her. On her way back from the funeral, she shares a cab with Jared, who is 100% mysterious. I had no idea what direction this book was going to go, so I am glad I went into it blindly because everything was a surprise to me. The book is about Nina discovering the truth to her father’s death and who Jared really is.

Who is Jared? Where did he come from? What’s his story? It’s a BIG FAT mystery and I was itching to finding out.   Uncovering who Jared and what role he plays was my favorite part of the book.

Jared and Nina

I love both characters equally. I think Nina is awesome, she’s very level-headed, passionate and at times reckless, but usually for a worthy cause. She doesn’t always do things I agree with and sometimes I just think to myself, is she really going to do that? But it just makes the book a little more intense and a little more ROMANTIC.

Jared is pretty much the whole package and more, he’s very protective and wears his heart on his sleeve. At times Jared can be a bit emotional, but he cares for Nina so much, you want him as your boyfriend or husband if you are my age.

The Tension

There’s a slight love triangle with Nina’s best friend Ryan, this I enjoy because you want some friction, also Jared’s sister, Clare who isn’t too keen with Nina. I really liked Clare’s character and it made Nina’s character a bit more realistic, because I believe not everyone should love the heroine.

As I was reading Providence, I forgot Jamie McGuire also wrote Beautiful Disaster another favorite of mine. I see a lot of same style of writing with, passionate characters, epic love story and a huge roller coaster of emotions written in the book. I like that Providence isn’t a contemporary romance novel, a little fantasy makes it different.

If you are looking for a heart-warming, drool-worthy, romantic-filled book. This one is for you.

Audio

It’s narrated by Carly Robins and it’s about 14 hours. This is my first Carly Robins narration and I really enjoyed her voice. Her voice sounds youthful, which is important to me since Nina is young too.  She doesn’t change her voice during Jared’s parts in a dramatic way. There is a distinction between the Jared’s and Nina’s voice, but Jared’s voice isn’t super deep. I kind of like that because it kind of shows Jared’s age. I didn’t want to hear a super deep voice when I was imagining Jared.  The pace was perfect and I felt like I wasn’t going to miss anything. I really felt Nina’s emotions, her highs, lows and even when Jared turned her on and yes that is important to me (you know it is).
 
An Audio copy was kindly provided 


 
Providence - AMAZON (KINDLE) | AMAZON (AUDIO)
Providence - Trilogy Bundle - AMAZON
 

 
Jamie McGuire was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She attended Northern Oklahoma College, the University of Central Oklahoma, and Autry Technology Center where she graduated with a degree in Radiography.

Jamie paved the way for the New Adult genre with the international bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Her follow-up novel, Walking Disaster, debuted at #1 on the New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestseller lists. Beautiful Oblivion, book one of the Maddox Brothers books, also topped the New York Times bestseller list, debuting at #1.

Novels also written by Jamie McGuire include: apocalyptic thriller, Red Hill; the Providence series, a young adult paranormal romance trilogy; Apolonia, a dark sci-fi romance; and several novellas, including A Beautiful Wedding, Among Monsters: A Red Hill Novella, and Happenstance: A Novella Series.

Jamie lives on a ranch just outside of Enid, Oklahoma with her husband, Jeff, and their three children. They share their thirty acres with cattle, six horses, three dogs, and a cat named Rooster.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment