Saturday, August 29, 2015

Tamed (Tangled, #3) by Emma Chase [Audio Review]





Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: girl meets player, they fall in love, player changes his ways.

It’s a good story. But it’s not our story. Ours is a lot more colorful.

When I met Dee I knew right away that she was special. When she met me, she thought I was anything but special—I was exactly like every other guy who’d screwed her over and let her down. It took some time to convince her otherwise, but turns out I can make a convincing argument when sex is at stake.

You might know where this story’s headed. But the best part isn't where we ended up.

It’s how we got there.



5 A story in between Stars
Tamed is a standalone and is part of the Tangled series. This is Matthew's and Dee's story. Matthew is one of Drew's best friends.

I'm doing the Audio version of this book because I love audio books and I LOVE male audio books. The narrator is Deacon Lee and this was my first book by him. His voice is very specific and I can't really describe it.  It's unique, it's masculine, but not deep deep, but deep enough. I really enjoyed his voice and his voice transitions. I would listen to another book by him. 

 The thing that I love about Emma Chase's Tangled series are the male POV's.  Matthew is an investment banker. He is an ordinary guy. He has loving parents, he loves his job and he loves his friends. He doesn't have a girlfriend and he's perfectly fine with that.

But wait, I'm skipping a few parts. The beginning starts with the ending and usually I do not like that, BUT this beginning was a happy one. Matthew opens the book with telling us the story how he and Dee got together. Very unique right?

I love happy books and this book made me very happy. Tamed is told during the same time frame of Tangled and Twisted. You do get glimpses of Drew and Kate, so YAY on that front. Dee is Kate's friend. I love Dee. I found her very nerdy, abrasive and a Heroine I just wanted to be friends with. 

Matthew and Dee's story is not extraordinary, but very cute and hit the spot for me. I wanted something that would be short, fresh and leave me with warm fuzzy feelings when I finish.  

Tamed is a light-happy-go-lucky-feel-good kind of read. It completely put a smile on my face and I laughed out loud so many times. 

Audio questions

Would you recommend this audiobook to a friend? If so, why?

I'm a mega Emma Chase fan, so I recommend all of her books. I love Drew and Kate, but I really like this "in-between" one of Matthew and Dee because it's like an extra mini treat. 

What did you like best about this story?

I love Emma's witty and funny writing style. First, I'm a mega fan of male POV books and I liked it was short, sweet and very humorous. It was a super light-hearted book that hit the spot for me. 

Which scene was your favorite?

Overall, the book was good. I liked getting in Matthew's head. He's a player, but adorable. I love listening to the parts where he was out of his element and getting wrapped up with Dee.

Did you have an extreme reaction to this book? Did it make you laugh or cry?

I laughed a ton! My belly was aching with all the laughing. I couldn't get enough. 


Tangled Series


 Tangled #1 REVIEW | AMAZON
Twisted #2 AMAZON
Tamed #3 AMAZON
Tied #4 AMAZON

Legal Brief Series

Overruled #1 REVIEWAMAZON
Sustained #2 REVIEW AMAZON
Appealed #3 AMAZON

Sustained Teaser

How to Chaperone a One Direction Concert (Without Killing Someone)
by Jake Becker

1. They sell beer at the concession stand. Drink it responsibly, but definitely drink it. It’s the only thing that gets you through the night.

2. Don’t be that guy acting like he’s having a good time. It won’t make you look “cool” - just @$#!$# creepy.

3. Be ready to catch. Whether it’s because of hyperventilating or the simple sight of One Direction, some girl in your vicinity is going to pass the hell out.

4. Make sure you have extra memory on your phone – because apparently when their phones are filled to capacity with pictures – Hara-kiri will then commence.

5. Earplugs.
6. Earplugs.
7. Earplugs.

8. Park far, far away because then you’ll actually be able to get out of the parking lot when the concert is over. And you’ll risk less damage to your car - these are teenage girl drivers we’re talking about here.

9. Remind yourself that your parents probably couldn’t stand the music you listened to as a kid either. This proves that karma is real and that she is, in fact, a bitch.



I got to meet Emma when she came down to Texas. I think she is completely adorable and totally sweet!  More book photos HERE



By day, Emma Chase is a devoted wife and mother of two who resides in a small, rural town in New Jersey. By night she is a keyboard crusader, toiling away the hours to bring her colorful characters and their endless antics to life. She has a long standing love/hate relationship with caffeine.
Emma is an avid reader. Before her children were born she was known to consume whole books in a single day. Writing has also always been a passion and with the 2013 release of her debut romantic comedy, Tangled, the ability to now call herself an author is nothing less than a dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment