Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Dark Wild Night (Wild Seasons #3) by Christina Lauren [Review]

 
 What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.
 
But what didn't happen in Vegas seems to follow them everywhere.

Lola and Oliver like to congratulate themselves on having the good sense to not consummate their drunken Las Vegas wedding. If they’d doubled-down on that mistake, their Just Friends situation might not be half as great as it is now.

... Or so goes the official line.

In reality, Lola’s wanted Oliver since day one—and over time has only fallen harder for his sexy Aussie accent and easygoing ability to take her as she comes. More at home in her studio than in baring herself to people, Lola’s instinctive comfort around Oliver nearly seems too good to be true. So why ruin a good thing?


Even as geek girls fawn over him, Oliver can’t get his mind off what he didn’t do with Lola when he had the chance. He knows what he wants with her now ... and it’s far outside the friend zone. When Lola’s graphic novel starts getting national acclaim—and is then fast-tracked for a major motion picture—Oliver steps up to be there for her whenever she needs him. After all, she’s not the kind of girl who likes all that attention, but maybe she’s the kind who’ll eventually like him.
 
Sometimes seeing what’s right in front of us takes a great leap of faith. And sometimes a dark wild night in Vegas isn’t just the end of a day, but the beginning of a bright new life...
 

 
5 Nerdy Oliver Stars
Dark Wild Night is a standalone and is part of the Wild Seasons series, which is a spin-off from the Beautiful B series.

This is my first book in this series and I LOVED IT! Gah, I need to go back and read the first two books. Not only do I love the covers, writing style and everything about these books, but every time I pick up anything from these authors they just take me to happy times.

Oliver and Lola are nerdy nerds and I feel like Christina Lauren was writing just to me. I married a nerdy guy who wears glasses, so you can see how much I LOVE Oliver.

Oliver and Lola get married months ago. I know, I am already hooked, aren’t you? They realize it was a silly drunken mistake and get it annulled. Ever since then they have been best friends. Both haven’t crossed any boundaries, BUT the attraction is there and well you know where it’s going.

I love best friends to romance book and I had a smile on my face the WHOLE time I read this. I couldn’t get enough of it! Lola is super attracted to Oliver and she even tried to have sexy times with him when they were briefly married, but Oliver declined. Oliver realizes Lola isn’t the type of girl you have a one night stand with and he didn’t want to mess up the potential friendship / relationship.
I love Lola. I found her driven, adorable and I love that she crushes on Oliver hard. Her comic book lands a movie deal and Oliver is there for her during the stressful process.

It gets better, because Oliver has feelings for Lola too! He regrets not taking the relationship further and now he thinks it’s too late.

YES! YES! YES! YES!

I loved it. I love that Oliver and Lola are crushing on each other and neither of them know what to do about it. There is crazy sexual tension and I was eating it up! My favorite part is when Lola asks to draw Oliver and Oliver offers to take off his clothes for it! It’s a really cute scene and NO! I didn’t give anything away.

If you are a fan of the series you will NOT be disappointed with Dark Wild Night. It was wickedly awesome and I loved every page of it.

 An ARC was provided 

 
 
 SERIES ORDER
 
Sweet Filthy Boy #1 AMAZON
Dirty Rowdy Thing #2 AMAZON
Dark Wild Night #3 AMAZON
Wicked Sexy Liar #4 AMAZON
 
Beautiful Bastard Series
 
Beautiful Bastard #1 - AMAZON
Beautiful Stranger #2 - REVIEW - AMAZON
Beautiful Player #3 -  REVIEW - AMAZON
Beautiful Secret #4 AUDIO REVIEW - AMAZON
 

Christina Lauren is the combined pen name of long-time writing partners/besties/soulmates/brain-twins Christina Hobbs and Lauren Billings. The coauthor duo writes both Young Adult and Adult Fiction, and together has produced ten New York Times bestselling novels. Their books have been translated into 23+ languages. (Some of these books have kissing. Some of these books have A LOT of kissing.)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment