Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Darken the Stars (Kricket #3) by Amy A. Bartol [REVIEW]

Kyon Ensin finally has what he’s always wanted: possession of Kricket Hollowell, the priestess who foresees the future. Together, their combined power will be unrivaled. Kricket, however, doesn’t crave the crown of Ethar—she has an unbreakable desire to live life on her own terms, a life that she desperately wants to share with her love, Trey Allairis.

As conspiracies rage in the war for Ethar, Kricket’s so-called allies want to use her as a spy. Even those held closest cannot be trusted—including Astrid, her sister, and Giffen, a member of a mysterious order with a hidden agenda. But Kricket’s resolve will not allow her to be used as anyone’s pawn, even as the Brotherhood sharpens its plans to cut out her heart.

As the destiny prophesied by her mother approaches, Kricket will backtrack through her fiery future to reshape it. For she knows one thing above all else: the only person she can truly count on is herself.




6 Kyon oh My Stars

Darken the Stars is the third novel in the Kricket Series.

I love this series like crazy mad. I love it so much that after I finished reading Darken the Stars, I went ahead and did an audio re-read of the first book, Under Different Stars, I just had to get my fix AGAIN.

You will have to read this series in order, but let me just say … and this is for those who haven’t read the series… you will be awed, delighted and consumed by this read. Amy A. Bartol knows how to write a good fantasy book. I would label this as young adult, but it’s steamier than your normal YA novel. It has everything I look for in a YA read, with intrigue, action and crazy love tension.
You know it’s a good series, when there’s a love triangle and I LOVEEE IT!!!!!

If you have read the first two books and you are on the fence about this one, DO NOT BE. You must read this one. It’s a treat and it’s my favorite so far.

Darken the Stars picks up RIGHT where Sea of Stars left off, I’m talking nano-seconds from where it left off, so you will not be confused at all. Kyon now has Kricket and A LOT of questions are on my mind.

What will Kyon do with Kricket?

What will Kricket do?

How will Trey react?

So many questions… I don’t want to give anything away, but I will say, I’ve been a Kyon fan from the start. Don’t get me wrong, I love Trey, but there’s something about Kyon’s obsession towards Kricket that has left me … with a little crush towards him. I love Kyon because he’s so dominate, ruthless and he will do ANYTHING to have Kricket.

I’m also partial to crazy killers.

Darken the Stars is heavily focused on Kyon. It will show you many sides of him and kind of open to who he is, what he does and why he does the things he does. I REALLY ENJOYED IT. I also love being in Kricket’s mind. She has such a complex. She needs to keep the peace, protect her sister, her loved ones and even her heart.

I love Kricket even more in this book because she remains focus and strong. There are so many factors that come to play in this book. I love how everyone is linked together. Gah, I couldn’t get enough. I read this in one sitting and stayed up till 1am until I finished! I never do that.
It’s an amazing book and an amazing series. I’m in love.

NOTE: The author has a three book contract with the publisher. As of this moment, there is no deal for a fourth book, HOWEVER that can change. I have a feeling that the forth book will be in the works fairly soon.
An ARC was provided

 
SERIES
 
Under Different Stars #1 REVIEW | AMAZON
Sea of Stars #2 REVIEW |  AMAZON 
Darken the Stars # 3 AMAZON
 

I live in Michigan with my husband and our two sons. My family is very supportive of my writing. When I’m writing, they often bring me the take-out menu so that I can call and order them dinner. They listen patiently when I talk about my characters like they’re real. They rarely roll their eyes when I tell them I’ll only be a second while I finish writing a chapter…and then they take off their coats. They ask me how the story is going when I surface after living for hours in a world of my own making. They have learned to accept my “writing uniform” consisting of a slightly unflattering pink fleece jacket, t-shirt, and black yoga pants. And they smile at my nerdy bookishness whenever I try to explain urban fantasy to them. In short, they get me, so they are perfect and I am blessed. Please visit me at my website: www.amyabartol.weebly.com


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment