Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Kaleidoscope Hearts (Hearts #1) by Claire Contreras [Audio Review]

He was my older brother's best friend.
He was never supposed to be mine.
I thought we would get it out of our system and move on.
One of us did.
One of us left.
Now he’s back, looking at me like he wants to devour me. And all those feelings I’d turned into anger are brewing into something else, something that terrifies me.
He broke my heart last time.
This time he'll obliterate it.





4.5 Broken Hearts Stars
Kaleidoscope Hearts is a standalone and is part of the Hearts series. This will be an audio review. This is my third Claire Contreras book. I love her covers and I love her stories so I was really excited for starting the audio on this one.  I’m also a fan of the older brother’s best friend story as well.
This book is excellent in audio. I love the leading female narrator and she captured the heart of the story.  The pace was perfect and the length of book wasn’t too long or too short.

Elle is picking the pieces of her shattered heart. Her ex died and she’s trying to move forward. He’s an artist and they own an art gallery together. She’s in the process of selling his artwork and slowly letting him go.

Oh the feels I felt in this one. The emotions Claire Contreras made me feel! I know I said that already, but it’s just so heart breaking. I felt for Elle. I felt her pain, her sadness and I found her very brave. I loved the beginning because it was showed the end of her grieving. She’s boxing up her ex’s things and it just breaks you into a million pieces.

I really enjoyed Christy Romano’s voice. It’s older, but girly. I pictured her as Elle. She doesn’t really change her voice for the male parts, I know that is annoying for some listeners, I’m indifferent. I have Sweet by Tammara Webber in audio and because of her I will bump that one up.
Oliver is best friends with Elle’s brother. I know! Oliver and Elle have a history, but nothing really came of it.

Vikas Adam has a really deep voice. It’s not distracting, it’s kind of sexy and I got really into it.  This is my first narration with him and it won’t be the last.

I love Oliver and Elle’s history. I loved that it started years ago, but the timing was always off. Oliver is the Hero that was a bit too late, but now is getting a second chance. There is some slight angst as Oliver and Elle try to reconnect and I ate this up!

I was rooting for the two of them and I enjoyed some of the flash back scenes because it really developed the relationship. It also gave me a better picture of the Oliver and Elle dynamic. Even though Elle is single now, she still wants her brother’s approval and knows she will never get it.
I liked how Oliver and Elle’s ex represented two different forms of love. I truly believe you can love more than one person if that original person isn’t there anymore. Call me romantic, but I love second chance reads!

If you want a gripping emotional story, then read Kaleidoscope Hearts.



SERIES

Kaleidoscope Hearts #1 AMAZON
Paper Hearts #2 AMAZON
Darkness Series

There is No Light in Darkness #1 REVIEW | AMAZON
Darkness Before Dawn #2 AMAZON





Claire is a New York Times & USA Today Best Selling author, mother of two, wife of one, owner of three dogs, and breast cancer survivor. She enjoys writing anything from children’s stories to erotic suspense, but her most notable work is a contemporary romance. When she’s not writing, she’s reading and dreaming about places she wants to visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment