Sunday, July 13, 2014

There is No Light in Darkness (Darkness, #1) by Claire Contreras

There is No Light in Darkness (Darkness, #1)There is No Light in Darkness by Claire Contreras
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.25 Mysterious Stars

I really liked There is No Light in the Darkness. It had a touch of romance and a touch of mystery, two things that kept me interested and happy. I have been wanting to read a Contreras novel for a while and I am very happy with the outcome.

Summary

Blake has an interesting past. She doesn’t remember much, but she knows her parents are no longer with her and she lives with another family. She has a great childhood with her new family, but the nightmares she has regarding towards her previous life keeps Blake on edge.

Cole is a childhood friend that is adopted into another family. He also has an interesting past and he is trying to figure out who is father is and why he was abandon. Cole and Blake forge a friendship and a crazy relationship that borderlines to something more.

Blake

I like Blake, even though her name is confusing. It’s a thing with me, I don’t like reading boy names for the girls. She’s does play the martyr a bit, but it was never annoying or frustrating. I love her relationship with Cole and how innocent she is. She’s just the girl next door you want to be with.

Cole

Cole is a player, but only has eyes for Blake. As much as he wants Blake, he knows not go overwhelm her and bides his time until Blake is ready. Cole is a book boyfriend you want in your pocket, he’s selfless, controlling, passionate and so endearing. Some of the things he does makes my heart swoon and melt.

Pace

The pace of the book is VERY FAST! Hence how short it is. I really like a fast book, but sometimes I felt like I wanted a touch more. Also, there are flashbacks, but I actually liked them! I think I liked the flashbacks because the flashbacks regarding towards the relationship wasn’t frustrating. Contreras would go back and forth on what happened to Blake and Cole in the past, but I really wanted to read those scenes and see what happened.

What I enjoyed

What I enjoyed the most is reading how much Cole cares for Blake and also the mystery that surrounds Blake and Cole. It was very entertaining discovering the past. I also liked the side characters, you know the best friends and roommates.

I was never bored with this one. There’s a major cliffy, so I’m moving on with the series!

There is No Light in Darkness (Darkness, #1) by Claire ContrerasAMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment