Thursday, July 3, 2014

Little Black Book by Tabatha Vargo

Little Black BookLittle Black Book by Tabatha Vargo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Do not Deny Me Stars

This is my first Tabatha Vargo and Melissa Andrea book. I was intrigued by the summary and I wanted a steamy alpha male read.

Overall, The Little Black Book was an easy, short, little steamy read. It has little to no angst, which is something I like.

Summary

Sebastian is a very closed off person. He’s so closed off that he pays women to sleep with him. He feels that if he pays the women then they can’t get attached to him. He keeps his women’s contacts in his “little black book”. Depending on his mood, he will call them and they must drop everything to be with Sebastian.

He has two rules, he is never denied and the women can’t fall in love with him.

Throughout all of this, Sebastian is looking for his “Jessica Rabbit”, the girl of his dreams. He sees that in the new girl that works at his club, Rosslyn.

Rosslyn

Rosslyn is your typical damsel in distress character (which you know I have a soft spot for). Her parents are dead and her care-taker, grandmother, just died. She’s twenty-two and must take care of her tween little brother. She doesn’t have money and she’s desperate to get a job.

I liked how strong Rosslyn is, but at times she did frustrate me. Her pride got in her way a lot. Instead of just picking up any job (which I would do, if I needed to care for someone else), she was kind of picky. She couldn’t see herself working at club and it took her so long to finally apply for the job, she was almost homeless.

Sebastian

I get what the authors were trying to do with the Hero. I wanted a damaged, rich, alpha male and I got it, but sometimes he felt like a cliché. Like all the boxes were being checked off in what kind of a Hero a gal like me would want to read. Sebastian is a jerk and it kind of irritated me that he put Rosslyn sometimes in desperate situations so she could go to him for help.

Overall

I thought the read was okay and it wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t anything over the top. I thought it could have been longer and there could have been more character development. I didn’t understand the purpose of the little brother towards the middle to end of the book (you will get what I mean).

I felt like it took forever to get Rosslyn to the point where she was one of Sebastian’s clients and the summary became misleading because I thought that was what she was. Instead it was about two broken people having an attraction towards each other and putting their past issues aside to start a relationship.

So, like I said, it’s a very quick easy read with a simple plot.

Little Black Book by Tabatha VargoAMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment