Friday, December 4, 2015

Hollywood Dirt by Alessandra Torre [REVIEW]

Cole Masten. Abandoned by his superstar wife, Hollywood’s Perfect Husband is now Hollywood’s Sexiest Bachelor: partying hard and screwing even harder. Watch out Los Angeles, there's a new bad boy in town.

Summer Jenkins. That’s me, a small town girl stuck in Quincy, Georgia. I cook some mean chicken and dumplins, can bluff a grown man out of his savings in poker, and was voted Most Friendly my senior year.

We were from different worlds. Our lives shouldn’t have collided. But then Cole Masten read a book about my small town. And six months later, his jet landed on our dusty airstrip, and he brought Hollywood with him.

From the start, I knew he was trouble. For our town. And for me. 


Sometimes, opposites just aren’t meant to attract.


4 Super Star Stars

This is my third Torre novel. I loved Black Lies and that’s after someone spilled the spoiler for me. I had no expectations going into Hollywood Dirt and I read it blindly.

I really liked Hollywood Dirt, I found the read adorable, easy and fun. I hope it comes out in audible because I want to hear the Southern accents. I’m from the South so I’m partial ya’ll.

Summer lives in a small town in Georgia.  She wants to leave, but the only thing that is stopping her is money, lack thereof.

Cole is a superstar actor, now director.  He plans on shooting his latest film in Summer’s small town.  As he preps for his next big project, not everything is going great on the home front.

The pace of Hollywood dirt is a bit slow and there’s a lot of buildup and character development.  Torre wants to paint a pretty picture for you before you get to the meat of the story. It’s around the 25% mark before the two main characters interact.

In the first 25% of the book you get to know Summer and Cole. Summer is a sweet girl, a mama’s girl and she lives with her mom.  The town is home to many millionaires due to investing in cola stock back in the day. A book was written about it, after Cole read the book, he decided to recreate the book in a movie.

Cole is a superstar and has made his millions. He wants to do something serious and he’s backing the movie with his own money. He soon realizes his home life isn’t perfect and maybe this movie is the distraction he needs.

I enjoyed the backstory to Summer and Cole. I liked that Summer is strong, independent and isn’t superficial. I like how Cole isn’t your typical movie star. I like how passionate he is about his project.  There are a lot of layers that go on, yet the read is light, no angst, which I really enjoyed.

Summer and Cole meet and it’s really funny. Cole kind of shows up out of nowhere, as in at Summer’s house and Summer is in state. She’s wearing a bathing suit and her house is a mess. I loved that Summer knew who Cole was, but she wasn’t effected by his status or charms.

Cole sees something in Summer and thinks she would be perfect for his movie.

There is insta-lust between Cole and Summer, but no insta-relationship. Cole has to work on his home life issues before he can even pursue Summer.  Summer knows what kind of guy Cole is and she is focused on making money and getting out of town.

I liked that Hollywood Dirt is different from Black Lies and I liked how there was major tension between Summer and Cole throughout the book but there wasn’t angst. I found Cole, sexy, sweet and completely likable. I found Summer a sassy Southern Girl I could totally be friends with.

If you are a fan of Torre, you will not be disappointed.

An ARC was provided






I’m a traditionally published and indie author. With a focus on contemporary erotic romances and erotic suspense I write under the pen name Alessandra Torre (erotic romance) and A.R. Torre (erotic suspense).



1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed your review! I've never read anything by Torre before, but when I learned she was going to be at a book event I was attending, I bought a physical copy of Hollywood Dirt and had it signed by her. Now I'm looking forward to it more than ever.

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete