Monday, February 15, 2016

Lev (Shot Callers #1) by Belle Aurora [Review]




From the moment Lev Leokov spots the young woman hiding behind her hair in the middle of the gentleman's club, he can't take his eyes off of her.
For the very first time in his life, he is affected. Having been told his entire life that he can't process or understand emotion, he considers it a big deal.

When Mina Harris gets caught red-handed with a wallet that isn't hers, she falls apart. She's tired, lonely and hasn't eaten in days.

Lev offers her an ultimatum... A nice warm bed, a hot meal and a job, or the cops.

Mina takes her chances with Lev.
After all, a person with nothing has nothing left to lose.






6 AMAZING STARS
You can slap me now because I don’t know why it took me so long to read this book. This book was absolutely perfect. Why do you ask?

I read it in one sitting

I was hooked from page one

I kept on looking at my reading percentage and I got sad because it kept on going up, meaning my book was going to finish soon

It had everything I look forward to in a read with a lovable Heroine, alpha hero and top notch storyline

You did good Belle Aurora!

The book has a damsel in distress theme, but a sassy damsel in distress theme and that really sucked me. Mina is poor, she’s homeless and lives on the streets. She hasn’t eaten in a while and she’s willing to do almost anything for food. You feel for the girl and I LOVE the way the book starts. We get a pretty good idea of Mina’s situation and you just want to hug her!

She is so desperate that she steals a wallet, but she feels bad and tries to return it, but the owner’s brother Lev catches her.

I don’t even know how I will describe my love of Lev to you. He’s not your everyday Hero and I just love it. He seems a little autistic, in the sense he can’t lie and he has no filter. I really really really love him. He gives Mina the option of working for him at the club to make some money, she gladly accepts.

When Lev realizes Mina lives on the streets, he offers his home to her.
Totally cute right? Just wait, it gets better, he has a two year old daughter!!!! I know, just shoot me now, I’m a sucker for a single dad book. Gah I can’t tell you how much I love him. The best part of the book is that the author builds up the characters and it’s not insta-lust or insta-love, but a slow friendship forms between Mina and Lev and you just want them to kiss because it’s too cute!
I love the side characters too, there’s Lev’s family, his brother, sister and family friends. I can see their books in the future and I can’t wait!

As Lev and Mina get closer, there’s other things to watch out for, like Mina’s past coming back to haunt her and Lev’s family friend stirring up trouble because she has feelings for Lev.

I seriously couldn’t stop reading this book. It gave me a completely book hang over and Belle Aurora is an author to watch out for!







You are 26, so young! When did you start writing? How old were you when you first published? Were you scared?
Ha! Age is just a number ;)

I was 26 when I started writing. I only started writing in February of this year, Friend-Zoned being my first book. It was funny how it all happened. Nik and Tina were in my head for a long while before they started begging me to put their story on paper. From the second I wrote chapter one, it took approximately one month to write (which I’m told isn’t a lot) but the story was all there in my head. I just needed to tell my version of events.

Publishing is a petrifying thing. I was completely overwhelmed by the process. And once I clicked that little button, streaming my book into Amazon’s database, I’m pretty sure I retched. More than once.

Overall, waiting for reviews to come in is the absolute worst. You feel physically ill. It’s not a nice experience BUT when you get people loving your book, all of the stress and fussing is totally worth it.

It seems like a lot of my favorite authors are from Australia, have you ever been the states? If not, what's the one place you would like to visit, if yes, what was your favorite thing about visiting?
I haven’t been to the states! It’s definitely going to happen for me one day. I promise! I’d love to meet the followers of my books and, yes, I like to remain anonymous but I know that one day, I will lower my veil…but not reveal my name.

Don’t ask me why (because I seriously have no damn clue) but I would love to visit Louisiana, baby! It’s on my bucket list so it has to be done.

Can you provide five fun facts about yourself?
1. I have recently become addicted to coconut water.

2. I would kill over sleep. I’m really grumpy when someone wakes me. They usually get something thrown at them or I become violent.

3. I write only at night. That’s around the time my she-devil demon spawn goes to sleep and the house is quiet!

4. I collect signed books! Holla!

5. I am the proud owner of a three piece tea set. One says Whore. One says Slut. And the other says 

Bitch… 

I wonder which one you would get if you had a cuppa with me… ;)


Add to Goodreads




At an early age she fell in love with reading. Boredom one summer had her scouring the bookshelves at home. She stumbled across Sandra Brown’s Breath of Scandal and fell in love with romance.

Having been brought up in a loud and boisterous family of Croatian descent, she developed a natural love for dramatics and humor. Only some years ago had she discovered a new love. 

Humorous romance novels.

Kristen Ashley and R.L. Mathewson had opened a brand new world where she could lose herself yet feel safe and at home in their stories. Belle has been known to become a screeching banshee while anxiously awaiting their newest titles.

Belle never thought she would write. It had never interested her until recently. Friend-Zoned began to form and in February this year Belle typed the words Chapter One. And she fell in love.

With words.

With writing.

With a creative imagination she never knew she harbored.

Friend-Zoned is the first in the Friend-Zoned series. Keep an eye out for this cheeky author.






No comments:

Post a Comment