Thursday, February 18, 2016

Suit (The Twin Duo #1) by Jettie Woodruff [REVIEW]

When my sister, Isabelle showed up, just ahead of a tropical storm, nostalgia and a need to reconnect took us on a ride…directly into the eye of a different kind of disaster. I woke from a coma unaware that I even had a twin and married to a man with two little girls. Although I fell madly in love with the children that

I didn’t remember, I didn’t feel like I belonged with Paxton Pierce. I couldn’t be who he wanted me to be no matter how hard I tried. But things aren’t always as they seem. I fought my own demons, trying not to be the submissive he required me to be, yet I craved it like a drug. I wanted him.
Once upon a time I was an identical twin.
And then I wasn’t.

5 Stars
I’m a dark junkie. I love the twisted books that play with your mind because it challenges me and sucks me in. Suit is an epic dark book. You will be questioning everything until the very end. You will be sucked in from page one. You will love the Heroine and HATE the Hero.  You will want to bash the Hero’s head, yet you want him to have his way with you.

If you are looking for a complex dark book, then Suit is for you.

I didn’t really know anything when I got into Suit. I just knew my friends liked it and it was a dark physiological thriller. My expectations were exceeded and I’m happy to say Jettie Woodruff is a new dark author to look out for.

So, some stuff to note. If you aren’t a dark junkie, this book isn’t for you. It’s a REALLY hard book to read because the Hero is brutal. I mean, he’s just REALLY mean. I love him, I do. I’m so into the over-the-top crazy controlling Heroes, it’s like my secret guilty pleasure. Also, there are some twists all along the way and I kind of figured it all out, BUT the writing was so exceptional, it didn’t really take anything away from it.

The BEST part of this book is the writing. The feels it will make you feel and the book will give you goosebumps.

Gabriella is a robot wife. She does her wifely duties and has no personality. Her husband is Paxton and he’s a very controlling man. When I say controlling, I mean, he “allows” her to do things, she doesn’t have a say in anything. Its crazy addictive to read!

Gabriella is a twin, her sister, Isabelle shows up after 13 years of being estranged. Gabriella and Isabelle are in a car accident and when Gabriella wakes up, she loses her memory.

Paxton shows up at the hospital and is ready to take his wife, Gabriella, home, but Gabriella doesn’t know who he is. The only thing she does know is that Paxton is not like the typical loving husband.
I would say the star of the show is Paxton because he’s a complicated character with a lot of hang-ups. He “cares”" for the well-being of his wife, in the sense she is only a vessel to do is bidding. He helps her around the house since Gabriella is recovering from physical injuries from the car accident, but he also dominates her, in the sense he doesn’t ask permission to do sexual things to her.

 You struggle throughout the book on who Paxton is and why he treats Gabriella the way he does. On top of all of that, you get flash backs of Gabriella’s past and it’s not a pretty picture to read. On top of on top of that, Paxton has two little girls and he acts like the PERFECT father, but behind closed doors he’s a monster of a husband.

As a reader you will be thinking, why doesn’t Gabriella just leave Paxton? He’s crazy. She has to cook certain foods, even though she doesn’t eat meat, she has to clean his house, she has to tend to the kids the way he wants them to be tended and he even puts a chastity belt on her at night! I know, crazy, but like I said, I love it. You struggle with Gabriella and the only reason why she hasn’t left is because she doesn’t know where else to go and she doesn’t want to leave her daughters.

You will soon realize the previous Gabriella is nothing like the current Gabriella. Gabriella also struggles with her former self, not understanding why she was the way she was. It’s a mind trip.
As the pieces start to fall into place, you will see a different side of Gabriella and Paxton. You still see A LOT of tension, but you will understand a lot more. I really loved this. I really loved figuring out the couple and why it was so hard for them to just figure it out.

It’s a crazy dramatic book and like I said I was blown away.  This is the perfect dark book for any dark junkie.

SERIES

Suit #1 AMAZON - Suit #2 AMAZON

Jettie Woodruff resides in Ohio, but she's not sure why. She hates winter and it's right around the corner. Time to go south. People say Jettie has her own genre, a mixture of love, sex, family, mystery, and comedy. She also has a half a dozen stories started, all waiting to be told. The one that makes it to thirty-thousand first is usually the one that gets published next.

Some of her favorite things are, first and foremost her family, reading, writing, bike riding, hiking, BOOK SIGNINGS, my friends, and life!

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
Marilyn Monroe




No comments:

Post a Comment