Thursday, March 3, 2016

Seven Years (Seven #1) by Dannika Dark [AUDIO REVIEW]

Seven years ago, my world ended.
Seven years later, my new life began.

It's been seven years since Lexi Knight lost her brother in a tragic accident. On the anniversary of his death, her brother's best friend shows up unexpectedly - a man she hasn't seen since the funeral. He is no longer the boy Lexi once knew, but a dangerous-looking man with tattoos and dark secrets. He broke her trust and abandoned her family, yet what he reveals makes it impossible to stay angry. Lexi has been secretly infatuated with Austin since childhood, so finding out he's a Shifter just makes him sexier. Dammit.

Austin Cole has returned to the city where he grew up, and just in time. He's lived a hard life these past seven years, and the shadows of his past are threatening to destroy Lexi's family. It's time that she learned the truth about her brother, but there is a shocking twist that Austin never saw coming. Now he must

protect her family when her mother and sister wind up in mortal danger. Will Lexi learn to accept the truth about who he is, and can Austin salvage a relationship from the ruins of their past?
Destiny will find you.

5 Paranormal Stars
I did the audio for Seven Years. I took a gamble with it and it paid off. I knew it was a paranormal romance, there were a lot of books in the series and a lot of people love this series, so why not right?
First off, if you want to get into a paranormal romance series, the seven series is it. Seven years is a fun, light, fast pace romance read that hits all the right spots. When I am in that paranormal mood, I want to be sucked into a new world and I want an alpha male and a confused Heroine. I got that.

Lexi Knight is your typical Heroine. She’s takes care of her baby sister, she’s trying to get over her brother’s death and she’s trying to get over her brother’s best friend leaving. Yes, it’s a brother’s best friend book, oh my! I really liked Lexi. I liked that she was really strong and I love how protective she was towards her baby sister, at times I wanted the baby sister to be her own baby, but that’s just me. I love a single mama book.

Lexi’s narrator is good too. The book is in her POV and so as much as I love having male narrators too, Nicole Pool did the voice justice. I wasn’t disappointed I didn’t get Austin’s voice. What I enjoyed from Nicole’s voice is that she could transition to other characters easily and she made them all sound different. You could tell she’s a seasoned narrator. It makes me want to do the audio for book two because she is the narrator too.

Austin comes back and he’s there to take care of Lexi. I liked Austin, I love how protective he was towards Lexi and as the alpha male, well you know he’s all sorts of possessive. I also loved his brothers and I love how they all took Lexi under their wings.

What I really liked about this story is how Lexi didn’t understand what was going on and the paranormal world had to be explained to her, which was great because it filled in a lot of questions for me. I also liked that so many guys were interested in Lexi, so it made Austin SUPER jealous and it was really cute to read. There are some damsel in distress moments that I love to get in a paranormal read.

I liked that the book ended, although I could read another book on the characters. I’m so glad I picked up on this series and I can’t dive into the next book!

SERIES


Seven Years #1 AMAZON
Six Months #2 AMAZON
Five Weeks #3 AMAZON
Four Days #4 AMAZON
Three Hours #5 AMAZON
Two Minutes #6 AMAZON
Charming #6.5 AMAZON
One Second #7 AMAZON


Dannika Dark was born on a military base in the U.S. and traveled the world before she was 9. Now she is rooted in the south but her head is planted firmly in the clouds. When she is not writing, she enjoys a great sci-fi or fantasy movie, heaps of chocolate, reading, and unleashing her dark side. Dannika loves reading paranormal romance, urban fantasy, fiction, and anything that grabs her attention.
THE MAGERI SERIES is an exciting adult urban fantasy romance following the journey of a young woman's claim to immortality and her own identity. Dark, unique, and full of unpredictable twists, the Mageri series provides an original spin to an old concept. Sometimes ordinary people are destined to lead extraordinary lives.
THE SEVEN SERIES is a light paranormal romance that portrays Shifters living in secret in the modern world. A blend of humor, darkness, heartwarming romance, drama, and real-life issues. This series is for those who love a good love story and believe in second chances. Cliffhanger-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment