Friday, March 4, 2016

This is War, Baby (This is War, Baby #1) K. Webster [REVIEW]

My life had a plan. Until he invaded it and stole it all away. My captor took me and I became a pawn.

His strategy changed and he sent me away to WAR, because money is everything in this world.

In my WAR, though, I found peace.

I couldn’t help but find love where I least expected it, with a man who lived a battle every day of his life
…all inside his head.

But then my captor came back for me.
Yet, this time, battle lines had been drawn and I was protected.

So we thought.
Even though my WAR was raging,

my captor would fight to the death.
The good guys always win, right?
Not always.
All’s fair in love and WAR, right?
Not this time.

6 Beautiful and Crushing Stars
I took a gamble on this one. So many of my bookie friends mentioned how good this book was. Heck, my sister said she stayed up until 4am to finish reading it. I was instantly intrigued and well you can’t beat the raving reviews right?

This is War, Baby is a dark and twisted book. It will make you cringe and blush but you can’t help but keep on reading. You will be glued to the pages and nothing else matters until you finish. It’s also a beautiful story and I’m definitely a K. Webster fan. I’m a dark romance junkie, I search for the taboo and kinky stuff and This is War, Baby hit all the right spots and more. It was perfect.
I also love the title, what a clever author.

This book is not for the faint of heart, however, it’s the perfect first dark read if you want to venture into my world. Come on you know you want to. I promise it will be good.

The book begins with Baylee, she’s seventeen and loves her high school boyfriend. She’s an innocent and not experienced. She lives the typical teenage life, until she gets kidnapped, by a family friend, Gabe.

Gabe is not a nice guy. He takes young women and trains them to become sexual slaves. He has two weeks with Baylee to make her do deprave things. After that she’s to be sold to the highest bidder for a nice profit.

“I was angry with him but when he flays open his heart and exposes raw parts of him, I can’t help but be intrigued.”

First off, a few of you may think, another kidnapping / sex slave book? Oh no, it’s not a typical kidnapping / sex slave book. This book is so much more. The beginning is just the cusp of what you will get.

I really loved Baylee, I felt like the author portrayed her accurately.  While she is with Gabe she learned she wasn’t a little girl anymore and did what she had to do in order to survive.  Gabe cruel, mean and loves Baylee. He does things to her to make sure she is ready for her buyer, but he also enjoys breaking her. It was addicting to read what he was doing to her and I know I should look away, but I was hooked.

This isn’t the whole book, the book will shift when Baylee is sold and that’s where the real fun begins.   My favorite part is when Baylee is sold and a new character comes to play. He’s not your typical Hero and that’s what makes this author a writing genius. He’s flawed, damaged and very tortured. You feel for him and crave to know more about him and his past. Who is he?

“I could listen to her speak for eternity. To put her voice on an endless loop that would get me through my maddening existence.”

“She revives dead parts of me. She’s the sun, water and earth. And I’m a see that has hope to grow into something strong and beautiful.”

“Our connection is on a cellular level that I’m afraid can never be severed”

This book was an unexpected treat and surprise. I was blown away by the writing quality and storyline. I haven’t read any book like this and believe me I’ve read plenty of kidnapping books. Your heart will be racing but oh it’s such a wonderful ride.

SERIES


This is War, Baby #1 AMAZON
This is Love, Baby #2 To Be Release March 29


K Webster is the author of dozens of romance books in many different genres including contemporary romance, historical romance, paranormal romance, and erotic romance. When not spending time with her husband of twelve years and two adorable children, she's active on social media connecting with her readers.
Her other passions besides writing include reading and graphic design. K can always be found in front of her computer chasing her next idea and taking action. She looks forward to the day when she will see one of her titles on the big screen.
You can easily find K Webster on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Goodreads!




No comments:

Post a Comment