Monday, March 7, 2016

Six of Hearts (Hearts, #1) by L.H. Cosway [REVIEW]

Step right up and meet Jay Fields: Illusionist. Mentalist. Trickster.

I think in triangles. You think in straight lines.
I show you a table and make you believe it’s a chair.
Smoke and mirrors, sleight of hand, misdirection. I trick and deceive.

But most of all, I put on a good show.

The world thinks I killed a man, but I didn't. Bear with me. It’s all a part of the plan.

Revenge is what I want. I want it for me and I want it for her.
I want it for all six of us.

She doesn't remember me, but she’s the reason for everything. She’ll be my prize at the end of all this–if I can hold onto my

willpower, that is. Maybe I’ll slip up a little, have a taste, just a small one.
So go ahead and pick a card. Come inside and see the show. Look at my hands, look so closely that you can’t see what’s happening while you’re so focused on looking. I’ll be destroying your world from right here in the spotlight.

You’ll never see me coming until it’s too late.

I've only got one heart, and after I've pulled off my grand deception I’ll hand it right to her.
So, sit back, relax, and let my girl tell you our story. You’re in for one hell of a ride.

6 Magical Stars
I’ve been in a reading slump. I picked up ten books and none of them worked out for me. I asked for an Epic romance novel and I was told to read Six of Hearts.

You can slap me now because I don’t know why it took me so long to read this book! Six of Hearts has everything I look for in a read.  It has romance, passion, mystery, tension and swoony Hero. The cover is beautiful and the book is FREE so why not?!

When I first read the summary and realized the Hero was an illusionist I thought to myself, how could this be hot? To my surprise, it really was. I never read a book like this and I have to say, I think there’s a un-tap genre there. Yes, ladies, the whole illusionist thing worked for me, it was amazing!

“He likes listening to me breathe. That’s just so … romantic. Yeah, I said it. It makes me get fanciful notions about the epic love I’ve always sought but never found.”

“I love how he thoroughly consumes me to the point where the entire world fades away.”

The beginning starts with a bang and we learn how Jay became what he is today. His family was killed in a fire and he was sent to his abusive uncle. Its years later and he is now a semi-famous illusionist.  Jay is the star of this book. You feel for him from the first chapter and you will lust for him by the second chapter. He’s confident and loves what he does, but someone has written a negative article about him and he wants to sue.

Matilda is your typical daddy’s girl. Her mother was shot when she was younger and she only has her father. She loves him dearly and works for him at his law practice. When she realizes Jay wants to hire her father, well, she’s all flustered. I LOVE Matilda, I thought she was cute, adorable and I loved her reaction to Jay. She finds herself simple and with a scar on her face she doesn’t have the biggest self-esteem, but Jay brings the confidence in her.

What’s even better, Jay needs a place to stay and he moves into the empty room at Matilda’s house! I know, I gobbled this up like mad. What I loved most about this story is the chemistry and relationship between Jay and Matilda. The writing is awesome, the banter and tension was exactly what I look for in a read. There’s also this underlying mystery in the book that will keep you guessing to the very end.

Six of Hearts is a meaty book, but it was perfect, I never wanted it to end.

SERIES




Six of Hearts #1 AMAZON FREE
Macabre Magic #1.5 FREE HERE
Hearts of Fire #2 AMAZON
King of Hearts #3 AMAZON
Hearts of Blue #4 AMAZON


Other Books

L.H. Cosway has a BA in English Literature and Greek and Roman Civilisation, and an MA in Postcolonial Literature. She lives in Dublin city. Her inspiration to write comes from music. Her favourite things in life include writing stories, vintage clothing, dark cabaret music, food, musical comedy, and of course, books.

She thinks that imperfect people are the most interesting kind. They tell the best stories.





No comments:

Post a Comment