Thursday, June 16, 2016

Idol (VIP #1) by Kristen Callihan [REVIEW]

Libby

I found Killian drunk and sprawled out on my lawn like some lost prince. With the face of a god and the arrogance to match, the pest won’t leave. Sexy, charming, and just a little bit dirty, he’s slowly wearing me down, making me crave more.

He could be mine if I dare to claim him. Problem is, the world thinks he’s theirs. How do you keep an idol when everyone is intent on taking him away?

Killian

As lead singer for the biggest rock band in the world, I lived a life of dreams. It all fell apart with one fateful decision. Now everything is in shambles.

Until Liberty. She’s grouchy, a recluse—and kind of cute. Scratch that. When I get my hands on her, she is scorching hot and more addictive than all the fans who’ve screamed my name.

The world is clamoring for me to get back on stage, but I’m not willing to leave her. I’ve got to find a way to coax the hermit from her shell and keep her with me. Because, with Libby, everything has changed. Everything.

4 Superstar Rock God Stars
I popped my Kristen Callihan cherry with Idol! I’ve wanted to read from this author for some time now, I don’t know why I haven’t, but I was really excited to start this one. I’ll be honest and say I’m not a fan of the whole rock star theme book, but there was too much cover love for me to resist. I have no shame.

This isn’t your typical rocker meets nobody girl storyline. I found Idol a little bit different and to my surprise not at all angsty.

Killian is a super rock star, he’s part of a band, but when his best friend and band mate tries to kill himself, Killian is beside himself and decides to go into the country to regroup, where he can be no one again.

Libby lives in the country and when she sees a drunken hottie in her front lawn, well things start to change.

I liked how Libby and Killian meet, it was a complete meet-cute and I love the dynamics between the two. I felt like this was a friend to best friends to lover kind of book. I was sucked into the storyline and I was grinning from ear to ear reading about it.

Of course the book shifts and that’s when Killian the super star emerges and I really liked it when the book changes paces a bit. I felt like there was never a dull moment in Idol and I was always on my toes on what will happen. I love the side-characters and I hope the future books are going to be about Killian’s band mates.

Overall, it was a pleasant read and it won’t be my last Kristen Callihan book.




Kristen Callihan is an author because there is nothing else she'd rather be. She is a RITA winner and three-time nominee and winner of two RT Reviewer's Choice awards. Her novels have garnered starred reviews from Publisher's Weekly and the Library Journal, as well as being awarded top picks by many reviewers. Her debut book FIRELIGHT received RT Magazine's Seal of Excellence, was named a best book of the year by Library Journal, best book of Spring 2012 by Publisher's Weekly, and was named the best romance book of 2012 by ALA RUSA. When she is not writing, she is reading.




No comments:

Post a Comment