Friday, June 10, 2016

Priceless (Forbidden Men #8) by Linda Kage [REVIEW]

Three things in my life were fact.
I needed Sarah to survive.
I needed sex to remain sane.
And I could never mix sex with Sarah.

I just knew—deep in my marrow—that if I did, I’d somehow lose her. All my deepest darkest secrets would crack open, bleed out, and ruin everything between us. I wouldn’t unleash the shit inside me on my worst enemy, let alone her. So she stayed strictly in the friend zone.

People probably thought I never went there with her because of her cerebral palsy, but f*ck them. She knew she was the most important person in my world, and I wasn’t about to risk hurting our relationship just to make my c*ck happy.

Until the moment she begged me to take her virginity.
Now it’s all about to hit the fan, because how the hell do you resist the one person forbidden to you when she says please?

5 Priceless Stars
I’ve been skipping around in this series. I loved the first book, Price of a Kiss and when I realized the main Heroine in Priceless was in a wheelchair, well I needed to read this one.

Priceless is a wonderful read, it’s heart-warming and it will make your insides tingle. It’s about best friends, loyalty and overcoming obstacles.

The first thing I noticed about this book is that it’s written in order, so I loved the flow. The book starts with Brandt and Sarah when they first meet in their tween years and each chapter is them growing up. I love reading how Brandt and Sarah meet and I love reading how they became best friends.

Sarah is in a wheel chair because she has CP and Brandt is the new kid in town with a bad past. Both of them have mommy and daddy issues and because of that, they have each other. Brandt doesn’t see Sarah as anything more but his awesome best friend.

The beginning part of the book really warmed my heart and it was adorable to read. I loved how much Brandt cared for Sarah and I loved how Sarah embraced her best friend. The book shifts towards the middle of the book and the best friends are young adults.

Priceless is a meaty book, so you get a lot of character build up and understanding of where both characters come from. I completely empathized with Sarah. Yes, she had some damsel in distress moments, but the author never made her weak. I loved that Sarah was this tough cookie and I loved that she had a crush on her very attractive best friend.

Brandt also loves Sarah, she’s everything to him, but he feels that she only wants a friendship and that’s all he gives her. In the mean, he’s a big player. I love Brandt because he’s the broody over the top hero I just melt for. Gosh, his possessiveness and protectiveness towards Sarah is really hot.
The tension is crazy wild since the two only want to remain friends so nothing messes up. Or at least they both think they do.

Overall, it was a sweet read and I enjoyed every moment of it. I really connected to the characters, the storyline, everything! It was the perfect read.



 

Price of a Kiss #1 AMAZON
To Professor, with Love #2 AMAZON
Be my Hero #3 AMAZON | REVIEW
With every Heartbeat #4 AMAZON
A Perfect Ten #5 AMAZON
Worth it #6 AMAZON
The Girl Got Secrets #7 AMAZON
Priceless #8 AMAZON

I grew up on a dairy farm in the Midwest as the youngest of eight children. Now I live in Kansas with my husband, two daughters, our nine cuckoo clocks, and a cat named Holly. My life's been blessed with lots of people to learn from and love. Writing's always been a major part my world, and I'm so happy to finally share some of my stories with other romance lovers.


No comments:

Post a Comment