Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Hooking Up by Helena Hunting


Amalie Whitfield is the picture of a blushing bride during her wedding reception–but for all the wrong reasons. Instead of proclaiming his undying love, her husband can be heard, by Amalie and their guests, getting off with someone else. She has every reason to freak out, and in a moment of insanity, she throws herself at the first hot-blooded male she sees. But he’s not interested in becoming her revenge screw.


Mortified and desperate to escape the post-wedding drama, Amalie decides to go on her honeymoon alone, only to find the man who rejected her also heading to the same tiny island for work. But this time he isn’t holding back. She should know better than to sleep with someone she knows, but she can’t seem to resist him.


They might agree that what happens on the island should stay on the island, but neither one can deny that their attraction is more than just physical.


5 YUMMY Stars!
Hooking up is a standalone, but the characters from Shacking Up is featured in this book too.  You don’t have to read Shacking Up prior to reading Hooking Up. But in all honesty, the books should be related in a series (but I’m sure the publisher will get more money this way).

Shacking Up – Ruby and Bancroft

Eye Candy (Novella) – Bane and Ruby’s Halloween gala (this was mentioned a few times in Hooking up, I will have to go back and read about this event)

Hooking Up – Amalie (Ruby’s Best friend) and Lexington (Bancroft’s older brother)

I Flipping Love you – Rian and Pierce (Ruby’s older brother, who is a lawyer in Hooking Up)

This is my second Helena Hunting book and although this book isn’t labeled within the series, I will be reading all the related books, including the novella (and I’m not really fond of novellas).
Hooking Up is my favorite in the “series” so far. I loved the book from page one. I had a smile on my face the ENTIRE time and I read the book in one sitting. I couldn’t get enough of Amie and Lex.
Amie is embarrassed at her wedding. Totally normal right? Everyone at the wedding just heard Amie’s husband getting off and not by Amie. Meaning she was just cheated on and EVERYONE heard. So funny and sad at the same time.

Amie is in state and throws herself at Lex, who happens to have had a crush on her forever.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the premise of the book. I’m totally into jilted brides. So when Lex and Amie show up on the honeymoon together, I’m all for the wild ride.

Helena Hunting knows how to write a good book. I gobbled this baby up like CANDY. It was yummy, intriguing and I couldn’t get enough.

I love Amie, I found her endearing, funny and I love her take-charge personality. I love how open she is about sex, yet I love how emotional she was because of the whole cheating thing. I liked her slightly complicated personality. It just did it for me.

I love Lexington too. I loved how he has always had a thing for Amie and I love how Amie was kind of the girl that got away. I also love it when a Hero chases after the Heroine, although I should say they both chased each other. I also love a beach settings in books.

I love a lot of things about the book. I think it had the PERFECT mixture of chemistry, tension and STEAM! I know these books are New Adult books, but I’ve seen a lot of covers with abs and with no steam. Gah, it drives me nuts, BUT NOT HOOKING UP. There’s plenty of steam to keep you happy.

Overall, I love this “series” and each book is gets better and better. 

An ARC was provided



 




Shacking Up #1 AMAZON | REVIEW
Eye Candy #1.5 AMAZON
Hooking Up #2 AMAZON
I Flipping Love You #3 AMAZON

Shacking Up – Ruby and Bancroft

Eye Candy (Novella) – Bane and Ruby’s Halloween gala (this was mentioned a few times in Hooking up, I will have to go back and read about this event)

Hooking Up – Amalie (Ruby’s Best friend) and Lexington (Bancroft’s older brother)

I Flipping Love you – Rian and Pierce (Ruby’s older brother, who is a lawyer in Hooking Up)



Helena Hunting is the author of The USA Today and NYT bestselling PUCKED Series. She lives on the outskirts of Toronto with her incredibly tolerant family and two moderately intolerant cats. She writes everything from romantic sports comedy to new adult angst.




No comments:

Post a Comment