Monday, January 22, 2018

Ryan's Bed by Tijan


I crawled into Ryan Jensen’s bed that first night by accident.
I barely knew him. I thought it was his sister’s bed—her room. It took seconds to realize my error, and I should've left...

I didn’t.
I didn’t jump out.I didn’t get embarrassed.I relaxed.
And that night, in that moment, it was the only thing I craved.

I asked to stay. He let me, and I slept.

The truth? I never wanted to leave his bed. If I could've stayed forever, I would have.

He became my sanctuary.

Because—four hours earlier—my twin sister killed herself.





5 Warm Stars

This book was a no-brainer for me. It’s by Tijan and I love the cover, HOWVER, I was really nervous about this book. When you love an author so much there’s high expectations and so I went into Ryan’s Bed lightly.

I will have to put the disclaimer on this book: Please read the summary prior to reading Ryan’s Bed. It’s clearly mentioned in the summary that Mackenzie’s sister committed suicide and the book is about Mac dealing with the loss.  

I see the mixed reviews. You will either love this book (as I did) or not connect with it. This book might even be compared to other famous books that deal with suicide, but please don’t do that. Ryan’s Bed is in a league of its own.

Okay, I’m done with my little warning.

I truly loved this book from the first page. I couldn’t stop reading and I read WELL INTO THE NIGHT and if you know anything about me, I don’t stay up late to read books. I love my beauty sleep.

Ryan’s Bed had everything I wanted in a book, it had drama, hardships, relationships, romance, cute parts and tension. This book doesn’t have a lot of angst, but it has a lot of heart. What I really loved about the book was that it was about relationships. Not just about love relationships, but all forms of relationships. Relationships with friends, family and with lovers.

Mac’s sister just died, like hours ago and the book is about her world. You see her life through her eyes.  She finds comfort in Ryan’s bed, but of course there’s more to the story than two teenagers sleeping in the same bed.

Ryan isn’t the star of the book and I loved that. He’s a supporting character to Mac’s life. The bond and relationship Ryan and Mac forms is really addictive to read. It’s heartbreaking, compelling and endearing. I love watching their interactions.

Ryan’s Bed does have a touch of Fallen Crest High aura. There’s a lot of characters and it’s all centered around high school kids. I love reading the interactions between the friends and I love reading the drama that surrounds the teenagers. There are some over the top parts to the storyline but I gobbled that up.

Mac is a wonderful character to read. She’s so damaged, like really damaged, but I LOVED reading it. I loved watching her unfold and witnessing her life as things develop.  As someone who is struggling, she acts above her age and I liked that.


I take Ryan’s Bed for what it’s worth. It’s about a Heroine struggling and within that timeframe a lot happens. There’s family dynamics, there’s a love interest and new bonds to form. It was a heart-racing read and I’m totally in book hanger mode now.


An ARC was provided















No comments:

Post a Comment