Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Baby Maker by P. Dangelico

Stella Donovan’s biological clock is a ticking time bomb.

The successful financial manager has spent her adult life building a career and neglecting her personal life. Problem is, she doesn’t believe in marriage. Not after watching her mother be treated like garbage by her father. Nope, marriage is not for her. All she wants is a baby. All she needs is a man to agree to her terms.

Dane Wylder, recently retired NFL tight end and future Hall of Famer, wants a baby.

Naturally, marriage is off the table. He’s not the marrying type. Women are great––as long as they’re trying to get into his bed and not his heart. But after years of living only for himself, he’s ready to be a father. 



4 Baby Making Stars

This is my first P. Dangelico book and it won’t be the last! If you are looking for a sugary sweet slightly angsty read then Baby Maker is for you.

The title explains it all and this is totally my jam.

It’s 2018 and who says you need to get marry to have a baby? Why not co-parent with a stranger? A stranger that wants what you want …. A baby.

I really like the premise of the book and it was fun reading Stella and Dane’s dynamics. Stella is a strong and independent woman. She doesn’t want a husband, but she wants a baby before it’s too late and I liked that she was in her mid thirties and she is successful. At times Stella could be frustrating because she can be really set in her ways but it keeps the book interesting and little angsty.

Dane is a retired famous football player. He doesn’t know what he wants to do in life, but he wants a baby. I will admit I didn’t like Dane at first, I found him really immature and well, really immature. BUT he slowly grew on me and I liked seeing him change throughout the book.

There’s a lot of tension between Stella and Dane. Stella and Dane might be attracted to each other, but they don’t want a relationship.  I like it when the main characters don’t get together right away, but I do wish the tension had some steam with it!  I was a little disappointed with that, but the overall storyline was cute.

I enjoyed Baby Maker, I found it charming, sweet and an easy read. If you want something fun and slightly angsty then this is for you.

An ARC was provided.


P. Dangelico loves romance in all forms, furry creatures, the NY Jets (although she’s reconsidering after this season), and to while away the day at the barn (apparently she does her best thinking shoveling horse poop). What she’s not enamored with is referring to herself in the third person and social media. Although she was born in Milan Italy, she’s been Jersey Strong since she turned six. 





No comments:

Post a Comment