Tuesday, February 6, 2018

How the Light Gets In by L.H. Cosway (Cracks Duet, #2)

He came back to me 16 minutes and 59 seconds into Beethoven’s Symphony no. 7.
We parted amid tragedy, so it seemed poetic. Dylan O’Dea, my childhood sweetheart, had once meant everything to me. Now we were strangers, and honestly, after eleven years I never thought I’d see him again.

I lived in the world of the average, of getting paid by the hour and budgeting to make ends meet. But Dylan, he lived in the world of wealth and success. He’d achieved the great things I always suspected he would. The dissatisfaction he’d felt as a teenager had obviously been an excellent motivator.

He started a business from scratch, pioneered a brand, and created perfumes adored by women across the globe. I was just one of the people who’d been there before. Now he was living his best life in the after.



And me, well, I’d been in a dark place for a while. Slowly but surely, I was letting the light back in, but there was something missing. I was an unfinished sentence with an ellipsis at the end. And maybe, if I was brave enough to take the chance, Dylan could be my happy ending.

How the Light Gets In is Book #2 and the concluding instalment in L.H. Cosway’s Cracks duet.
 


5 This is EVERYTHING Stars

How the Light Gets In is the second book to the Cracks Duet series.

Gah, I can’t tell you how much I loved this book and this series. I’m always nervous going into the second book of a duet series because you never know how it’s going to turn out. Will the book be boring? Will the couple be separated for long? How will the author write a full second book to continue the story?

Well, L.H. Cosway surpassed my expectations and more. If you think you loved Dylan, you will fall hopelessly madly into love with him more. How the Light Gets In is EVERYTHING you want in a conclusion to a series. You will be smiling and grinning from ear to ear until you finish. And once you finish you will have a major book LOVE hangover.

I love Evelyn and Dylan. They are the cutest couple and you want to root for them the ENTIRE way.

The book starts off 11 years later. Evelyn has moved to NY to be with her Aunt since her grandmother died.

The BEST part of the book is that there is no separation from Dylan and Evelyn.  You know when you read a second book of the series and the author drags out the separation? And there’s chapters of what the characters are doing while they are separated? Well, nope, this one doesn’t do that. Almost within the first chapter we see Dylan and the story begins.

What I really love about this book (there’s a lot of things I love about this book) is that Evelyn and Dylan are older, wiser and more experienced. They have grown up so much and you want to know how they are as adults.

Evelyn is working as a bartender and kind of coasting through life, but Dylan. Well, we all know Dylan would be become something right?

I love how Dylan pursues Evelyn and even though it seems like Dylan has the upper hand because he’s so successful, he’s still the charming and sweet boy we all fell in love with in the first book.

Of course Evelyn is still finding herself and I love that she doesn’t automatically go into Dylan’s arms. It adds nice tension to the story.


Overall, I’m just swooning and sighing over this delightful read. It was everything and more.

An ARC was provided



SERIES
 
A Crack in Everything #1 AMAZON
How the Light Gets In #2 AMAZON

Hearts Series




Six of Hearts #1 AMAZON | REVIEW
Macabre Magic #1.5 HERE
Hearts of Fire #2 AMAZON
King of Hearts #3 AMAZON
Hearts of Blue #4 AMAZON


Other Books


L.H. Cosway has a BA in English Literature and Greek and Roman Civilisation, and an MA in Postcolonial Literature. She lives in Dublin city. Her inspiration to write comes from music. Her favourite things in life include writing stories, vintage clothing, dark cabaret music, food, musical comedy, and of course, books.

She thinks that imperfect people are the most interesting kind. They tell the best stories.



No comments:

Post a Comment