Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Down to You (The Bad Boys, #1) by M. Leighton

Down to You (The Bad Boys, #1)Down to You by M. Leighton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

Down To You was a recommend book I have been meaning to read, but the summary didn’t really peak my interest. I’m not a fan of love triangles with siblings, I feel like no matter how good or bad which ones is, you feel bad because one gets shafted. However, this book had a lot of good reviews, so I gave it a go and it was over-all pleasant.

Let me just state the obvious, the twist was pretty easy to see from the beginning, I kind of wanted M. Leighton to be a little sneakier, but I was never sure until the end.

Down To You is about a gal, name Olivia, a very typical mousy girl, how funny that she wants to be accountant. Mousy/clumsy girl? Let’s make her want to be an accountant! How typical huh? She lives with her (and they always are) beautiful rich cousin who is dating Nash, a very good-looking aspiring lawyer. Nash has a twin brother name Cash who is the “bad” boy and owns a club. The whole book is about Olivia figuring out who she wants to be with, personally I was always routing for Nash, but that’s me, I go for the brainy nerds.

The description sounds annoying right? Why would I want to read a book about a girl who is trying to choose between an unattainable good-guy or an attainable a bad-boy? Well, it really wasn’t. The guy wasn’t so unattainable, in the sense, it wasn’t like Nash kept on giving his current girl friend attention over Olivia and Cash wasn’t really a bad guy, in the sense, he didn’t use and abuse Olivia. The book basically introduced you to what type of person Olivia, Nash and Cash are and you as the reader formed your opinion on who you liked.

The first chapter was knock your sock off funny, if I read a book and within 5 pages, I laugh out loud, I know I am going in for a treat. There were more than enough steamy moments, just enough to keep you as the reader satisfied, but not overwhelmed. The book ends on a cliff-hanger and I am excited that will be the opening to book 2. I recommend this book, just don’t take the summary too literally.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment