Monday, November 26, 2012

The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley

The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom WindowThe Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Firm 5 Stars
I LOVED The Boy Who Sneaks into my Bedroom Window! I’ve seen this book for awhile on Goodreads listopia, but I never found an interest in it. I thought the summar was too dark, the title was kind of cheesy and the reviews weren’t great, but I finally decided to give it a go. I started this book at 9pm and I didn’t go to bed until 3am, I had to finish the book!

I’ve read the reviews, there are a lot of negative reviews and I can see where the reviewers are coming from. The writing isn’t perfect, some parts were way cheesy and overly dramatic and unnecessary, however I looked past all of that because of the epic love story. I love teen angsty romance books.

Amber and Jake are sister and brother, who are really close and they grow up in a home with an abusive father. The boy next door is Liam, he sees what goes in the house and one day when Amber is 8 and Liam is 10, he sneaks into her room through the window and comforts her. He doesn’t leave until she stops crying and finally falls asleep in Amber’s bed, holding her. From then on, Liam sneaks into Amber’s room every night and they just sleep, nothing happens. Fast forward 8 years later and we realize Amber finds Liam to be a man-whore and actually is irritated by him, but still likes to sleep with him at night because it’s comforting to her and Liam is just a funny cocky jock that makes inappropriate passes at Amber. Unrealistic? Yes, makes for a good book? Definitely yes!

I love Liam’s character, it reminds me a lot of Beautiful Disaster, he’s kind of the bad good-looking boy every girl wants, but he doesn’t really care because he only wants one thing and he does anything for Amber. Does that make your heart swoon? The ending gets a bit dramatic, but I get what the author had to do, there had to be a climatic ending and boy did Kristy Mosely delivered.

I am so disappointed there’s no book 2, I just want more of this story, but I’ll just have to settle and read other Kristy Mosely’s books. If you are looking for an epic, teen angsty romance book, this one is for you.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment