Monday, November 19, 2012

The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys, #1) by Abbi Glines

The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys, #1)The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I am refraining from judging this book before I read book 2. I don't like books about infidelity. I think the only book I could read about cheating and was fine with it was "Something Blue", by Emily Griffin, but it was easier to accept that story line because the person being cheated on was so awful.

I am not sure I can relate to Ash's character, even though she kept on saying she wasn't a "good" person, I thought she was, considering she was haboring so much guilt. I felt like everything was just put in boxes, like box 1, perfect/good characters, box 2, not perfect/bad characters and towards the end the author was trying to get these characters out of their boxes, but it just seemed a little flat or a little too late, like when we started to see the "real" people.

I gave the book 3 stars because even though I wasn't a fan of the characters, I have to praise the author for not making them annoying. The thing about books with cheating, the person doing the cheating is always annoying, since that person has to pick who they want to be with. I felt like the author didn't push the lines too much and it was some what believable.

I'll read book 2, just not right now.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment