Monday, December 17, 2012

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

2 Stars

WTF
Words can’t describe how I feel after reading City of Bones. The only reason why I read this book was because I saw the movie preview and it looked really good.

I don’t even know where to begin. I thought the beginning was good, I thought it was kind of interesting and there was movement, then everything went downhill around 200 pages into the book. The book was very slow, I felt like everything was described and there really wasn’t any plot or story line. There would be an obstacle and the whole team went to solve the obstacle, which I usually would find interesting, but it wasn’t. The pace started to pick up around page 350, but once you got to the end, well you will see…

I was always confused with Clary and Jace’s relationship. I thought Clary was sweet and just really confused. Jace to me was just as a**hole. I couldn’t stand him, there were moments where I thought he was sweet and somewhat protective, but once I got to the end, I was like WHAT THE F DID I JUST READ?!.

Like many reviewers say, you either love or hate this book, I think I fall into both categories. I had to read the spoilers to book 2 through 5, just to get my questions answered, because after reading, City of Bones I was left with an icky feeling.

I am not sure if I will finish the series, a part of me wants to just so I can read how the story develops, but another part of me doesn’t want to torture myself. For now, I am going to take a break and probably not go see the movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment