Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Book Review - Hopeless (Hopeless, #1) by Collen Hoover

Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Stars

If I could give HOPELESS 15 stars I would. I don’t say this often and I think I am a pretty harsh reviewer, but I absolutely LOVED HOPELESS. This book was an amazing read; everything from the cover, to the title, to Sky and Holder’s characters were just pure perfection.

I don’t even want to write the summary of the book because I didn’t even read the summary prior to reading HOPELESS. In my opinion, a summary isn’t even necessary. Collen Hoover is simply a GREAT writer. I loved Slammed and Point of Retreat , both books I read in one sitting. I actually had HOPELESS for a few days, I didn’t want to read it right away because I was saving it for a day I could devote completely to the book and I am so glad I did, other than the few bathroom breaks and lunch break, I didn’t stop reading until the last page.

I wanted to read an epic, gut-wrenching, pull your hair out novel and I got that by ten-folds. HOPELESS had everything I looked for in a novel, it had romance, betrayal, mystery and drama. I was worried Hopeless would mirror a lot of Collen’s previous book, but it didn’t. I felt like I was reading something new, fresh and very RAW. I also even enjoyed the few pieces of the puzzle Collen sprinkled throughout the book. I had an idea of what I knew happened, but it really was never confirmed until later on and it didn’t matter to me because I was enjoying the ride itself to really care if my theory was correct or not.

I am on a Collen Hoover high and it makes me want to go and read Slammed again so I can get my fix. I can’t wait to see her at her at her book signing in January and I wish she had more books out so I can read them.

HOPELESS is an incredible book, I 100% recommend !

QUOTES FROM THE BOOK BELOW


No comments:

Post a Comment