Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1) by Kristen Ashley

Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1)Knight by Kristen Ashley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Stars

I didn’t really know anything about this book and the summary was pretty vague, however I’m a huge Kristen Ashley fan, so I knew it would be a treat reading and it definitely was. I haven’t read many Kristen Ashley books, but I feel like every time I do read her books, they are always different, with new characters, new personalities and interesting plot/story line.

Anya is what I called, not your typical realistic girl (by any means), but as the heroine she is of course modest, poor, and super gorgeous. She tags along with her friend to a party and Anya’s friend ditches her to hook up with someone. Anya doesn’t have a working cell phone so she goes into a bedroom to make a call for a taxi, Knight shows up because it’s his bedroom and he’s pissed because he doesn’t understand why a random girl is in his room. The story begins from there; I loved the beginning of the book. Knight is super mysterious, but obviously super aggressive. I was actually taken aback on how aggressive his character was; usually Kristen Ashley books are a bit tamer.

The first half of the book is basically Anya and Knight getting to know each other, with nothing really reveled, once the relationship is taken up a notch, more things come into play. There wasn’t anything too dramatic and the tension was subtle, this can be good or bad, depending on what kind of book you are in the mood for. I always like a mix of dramatic books and easy-going books.

I can understand the negative comments, if you are use to Kristen Ashley books, then you will be a little shocked on how Knight goes. I happen to love all forms of relationships, the typical expected kind or the unusual, a little out of the ordinary kind, it makes an interesting read, and not everything can be “vanilla”.

I would go into this book with an open mind and if you are a fan of Kristen Ashley, then you won’t be disappointed.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment