Tuesday, December 4, 2012

What a Boy Wants (What a Boy Wants, #1) by Nyrae Dawn

What a Boy Wants (What a Boy Wants, #1)What a Boy Wants by Nyrae Dawn
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

2.5 Stars

I don’t know why this book got so many good reviews. I think the only reason why I finished the book was so I could write my own summary. What a Boy Wants is beyond, typical, redundant and written from truly a 17 year-old.

Sebastian is a player and he makes money by emailing girls advice on how to get guys. Just from reading the summary, I shouldn’t have picked up the book, but the reviews seem so favorable, I decided to give it a go, but I was pretty much right on my original thought. Why would anyone pay someone $100 for advice via email?! Buy a self-help book, ask your guy friends, but really, asking a “player” to send you advice works? This part was very unbelievable.

The dialogue back and forth between Sebastian and mystery girl was just atrocious, I couldn’t even stand to read it at times and started to scan the book. The author wanted to really get down and true to the teenager lingo, but here’s a hint, yeah I like young-adult books, but that doesn’t mean I want to read it at a 17 year-old level.

The book is about Sebastian helping a girl get the guy she wants, but there’s a twist and here it is, it’s so obvious, I was really hoping it wasn’t. The book was so predictable and I love predictable books, but the writing just made everything so immature. I was even okay on how short the book was and if anything it helped me get closer to the end.
The only positive thing I can say is that it’s a light and fast read and that is enough for many people. If you need a quick fix, then this book will do the job.

I do not recommend this book because the writing style just didn’t do it for me and I will not be picking up the series.


No comments:

Post a Comment