Friday, December 7, 2012

The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton

The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1)The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

I’ll be honest, I originally wasn’t interested in The Perfect Play. I thought the cover was a bit obvious, the summary just didn’t do it for me and I’m not a sports fan by any means, but I thought what the heck. I gave the first few chapters a go and I was really surprised that I kept on reading. I finished the book in 2 sittings.

Tara is a single mother to a teenage boy and she is also a party planner. At one of her events she meets Mick, a very famous football player. I expected Mick to be cocky, kind of dominating and a bit aggressive; instead Mick was level headed, a bit masculine, but sweet and charming. I liked Mick, he wasn’t realistic by any means, but putting that aside, his character was refreshing and something different. Tara was a bit annoying. I understand a mother’s need to be protective, but her son is 15 not 5, it was a bit ridiculous at times.

The book is basically the relationship between Tara and Mick, you throw in some premiere parties, football games, steamy love scenes and you got yourself a well-rounded romance novel. This book wasn’t profound and there were a lot of cheesy comments, but it did what it was suppose to do. The Perfect Play was a bit longer than the usually romance novels, but a light read all together. I would recommend the book and it might even make you a sports fan if you weren’t to begin with.


No comments:

Post a Comment