Thursday, January 3, 2013

Falling for you by Lisa Schroeder

Falling For YouFalling For You by Lisa Schroeder
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

2.5 Stars

I wavered between 2.5 and 3 stars, and after writing my review, I decided 2.5 was a better fit. This is my first Lisa Schroeder book and I am sad to say, probably my last one too. Falling For You just didn’t cut it for me.

I should have listened to my gut, but the cover was too cute and I loved the title and summary, so I went into the read with mild expectations and I was highly disappointed.

The first page is titled “hospital”, it doesn’t take a genius what that chapter meant, in fact I felt like it was unnecessary. From there on, we rewind 5 months prior and the story is told. I did not like the storyline at all; in fact I would say the book was 100% annoying. I couldn’t understand nor relate to any of the characters. I didn’t feel sorry for Rae, I know I should, but I thought Rae had poor judgment, was a little annoying and a little ridiculous.

I didn’t understand why the first 1/3 of the book was about Nathan and Rae, I felt like the summary was misleading. If this book was between Rae, Leo and Nathan, then why did Leo come in so late in the game? Also, I didn’t really care for Leo, if anything I felt like he was just an added “friend” character to create hype. The summary and title is very misleading, the book is about “Falling” for someone, but its about Rae and her messed up family life.

I thought the whole book was a downer and was leading to something horrible. I understand depressing books, but Rae’s situation never got better, she may have a fun date here and there, but the whole time, Rae was just going through one issue after another.

There were just so many things that didn’t mesh in this book, from the character developments, to the misleading summary, to the annoying situations, to a very anticlimactic obvious ending.

I do not recommend.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment