Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott

Perfect YouPerfect You by Elizabeth Scott
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

2 Stars

Let me summarize Perfect You for you real quick:

Kate whining
Kate whining some more
Kate meets Will (okay it starts to get good)
Kate complains and whines
Kate acts stupid towards Will and everyone else around her

That’s basically the book in a nut shell. I really didn’t like Perfect You and I should have stopped reading after the first 20 pages, but I actually thought the beginning was okay. I thought well, once I get pass the beginning, it should really pick up, BUT NO nothing happens.

I’m dead serious when I tell you nothing happens in this book. Perfect You is about Kate complaining about her life, multiple times in multiple variations to probably drag out the story line. Suffice to say, I did not like Kate, I actually would call her a BIG B. What does Will even see in Kate? I am all for witty banter between the guy and girl, but there has to be some niceness, Kate never let up.

Also, when you felt like something positive was going to happen, like when Will does a nice gesture, I would think to myself, oh okay the book is going to change direction and it’s going to be less annoying now, but oh no, it’s stupid Kate, she thinks the worst in situations, so she kind of sets herself up to fail and the story line becomes annoying again.

I don’t know what’s more annoying, the characters, Kate whining, Kate being stupid or the fact there was no plot.

On a positive note, I liked grandma; she was the only one in the whole book that had a lick of sense. Also, some of the comebacks she made towards Will was kind of funny, but this wasn’t enough for me to like the book, it just made it bearable.

I know this is a young adult book and I see there’s suppose to be something learned from it, but it just didn’t jive.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment