Monday, January 7, 2013

Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker

Ten Tiny Breaths
5 Stars

How can he see what I don’t want him to see, what I work so hard to conceal? He’s found a way in, that’s how. Like a trespasser, he’s invaded my space, breaching security and sliding in to take what I haven’t offered him.

Ten Tiny Breaths will leave you …breathless. I didn’t really know anything prior to reading, only that Kacey had issues and I always had a soft spot for damaged girls. So when I started to read, I soon realized this would be no boring book and was wrapped up completely.

Kacey’s accident changes her life instantly. After the accident, Kacey and her sister, Livie, move to Miami to begin a new life. In their new life, Kacey and Livie start to form relationships and one of them is Trent, who lives next door.

The beginning kind of gives you a glimpse of what Kacey deals with emotionally, it almost broke me when I found out she couldn’t hold hands with people! I usually don’t do well with super sad cases, but I really liked Kacey’s. I like how a lot of the problems were revealed in the beginning and I love books that do that. Of course not everything is out there, but it’s enough to where I was happy.

K.A. Tucker created a really funny character, a lot of what Kacey says, I laughed out loud. I’m a big fan of Kacey because she’s all kinds of, crazy, smart, strong, independent and just pure awesomeness. Trent was always a mystery to me and I liked that, of course I had my theories, but I was so wrapped up in the story, I was just interested in Kacey and Trent’s relationship.

I love Kacey’s reaction to Trent. To everyone else, Kacey is this “street fighter”, fit and protector to her sister, but in front of Trent, Kacey is a big ball of goo and it brings a smile to my face. There’s some cute banter in the beginning between Trent and Kacey. As the story starts to intensify, Trent is still reserved, which only adds more mystery to him.

I loved the side characters; there’s a sexy bimbo next door, a tough lawyer bouncer and a quirky land lord. The side characters really add depth and meat to Ten Tiny Breaths, they also add more back bone to Kacey’s personality.

The best and most moving part of the book for me is seeing Kacey’s pain through her eyes. I usually like POV’s from both guy and girl’s character, but I liked it’s only in Kacey’s. You FEEL Kacey’s pain and sure she may say irrational things, but when you put yourself in her situation, you can only, but understand her.

K.A. Tucker wrote a very moving, gut-wrenching, tragic, but incredible love story 

I definitely recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment