Monday, January 21, 2013

The Proposal by Katie Ashley

The ProposalThe Proposal by Katie Ashley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars



The Proposal is book 2 of the “THE PROPOSITION” series and I really liked book 1, The Proposition, both books were light and charming.

If you haven’t read book 1, do not read the rest of this review, I will mention the cliff-hanger ending.

So Aidan F**@ed up right?  One of the things I HATE reading in a book is anything that deals with cheating, yeah I know, he couldn’t get it up and he wasn’t into it (I read his thought processes) BUT STILL, come on Aidan, you could have done something else to push Emma away, I mean for Godsakes, she’s carrying your child! Honestly I didn’t care for the Amy back story, it suppose to answer Aidan’s need to push Emma away.  I know it's my personal issue with cheating.

I love Emma, she’s so adorable and I am so proud that she made Aidan kept begging for forgiveness. I don’t care how long it takes or how many times a man says sorry, it takes a HUGE gesture and probably the rest of your life to make up for that kind of betrayal. I guess that sums up the book, Aidan does everything he can to get Emma to forgive him and it’s pretty darn cute. Could there have been a little more tension? Sure, but this isn’t that kind of book.

Emma forms a relationship with a doctor, Pesh, of course Pesh is charming, good looking and doesn’t mind Emma is 6 months pregnant. I am not a fan of Pesh, don’t get me wrong, I am all for the charming swept-you-off-your-feet kind of character, but there was just something off about him. I do like that Ashley wrote in a love triangle, there has to be some obstacles right?

If you liked The Proposition you won’t be disappointed by The Proposal. It’s a fun and cute read, who doesn’t like reading about a pregnant girl trying to work it out with her baby daddy? I mean, I’m all for the pregnant girls, so it’s a recommend in my book.


No comments:

Post a Comment