Monday, February 11, 2013

Fall From Grace (Mad World, #1) by Christine Zolendz

Fall From Grace (Mad World, #1)Fall From Grace by Christine Zolendz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Stars

I read the reviews prior to reading and I think it’s very key to let everyone know Fall From Grace is a paranormal romance, in fact I am happy that was also addressed in the blurb.

Grace lost everyone in her family and after the recent death of her brother, she goes back “home” to live with her best friend/roommate Lea. Lea’s boyfriend, Connor is in a band and the lead singer is Shane. Shane is a man-whore, who is intrigued with Grace, but Grace is too hung-up on her ex to move forward.

You wouldn’t know this was a paranormal romance until 50% in. So if you are the type of person who likes fantasy right from the start, then this isn’t for you, however, I’m pretty much indifferent, so it worked out okay for me.

I really liked Fall From Grace, maybe I would have rated it higher if there was more tension or the whole paranormal thing was written from the beginning, even though it didn’t bother me that much, it was just odd that the book shifted about 50% in, but these are minor things.

Shane is pretty much the typical “rock-star”, bad-boy, man-whore Hero I love to read. I can’t get enough of these characters, it will never tire me. I really liked Shane, he pretty much was everything I expected and wanted as the Hero. He is of course beautiful and knows it and pretty much lets girls dry hump him throughout the book. Shane flirts with Grace and despite her repeated refusals, he continues to seek her out.

I have no complaints with Grace and even though she pretty much pushes Shane away about majority of the book, there was enough banter back and forth to keep me interested. I also like the fact there really wasn’t a love-triangle (even though I love those), if there was, it was insignificant.

There’s a lot of character development in the first 50% of the book and most of it is focused on Grace, which is fine for me. I sometimes think it’s overboard to drag the Hero’s issues into the story and Shane’s issues were pretty much minor.

I read a few chapters in book 2, Saving Grace and from what I read, the style of writing kind of shifts, I am not sure if I am liking it too much, but I can’t judge based on the first few chapters. I only hope, the tone and feel of Fall From Grace is continued.

If you have a rocker bad boy complex and love a little sprinkle of fantasy, then Fall From Grace is for you.

For more reviews, visit Everyday Shopaholic

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment