Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Vortex by Julie Cross (Tempest, #2)

Vortex (Tempest, #2)Vortex by Julie Cross
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

1 Star

Did I read the same book as everyone else? Was this written by the same author as Tempest?

Seriously what the F did I just read?!

I have never been as disappointed with a sequel as I have been with Vortex. I enjoyed Tempest a lot and I even recommend it to a few people, but after reading Vortex, I just want to throw-up.

What happened?!

First off, the blurb is so misleading, Holly doesn’t even come into the picture until 25% and then doesn’t really have a voice until 50% into the book. I think if the last 10% of the book was the tone and feel of the previous 90% I would have enjoyed Vortex, but it wasn’t and it didn’t and I am just beyond upset.

Two words to describe Vortex would be “TOO MUCH”. There was just too much going on, too many jumps, time-lines, world A, B, C? ug… my head is spinning. I didn’t care for Jackson’s training, I didn’t care for the side characters, I really only cared for Jackson and Holly’s storyline. I love action packed books, but Cross could have thrown Holly in throughout the story from the beginning or have her character as a side note in Tempest

Cross made me fall in love with Holly from Tempest and to have her not included until the second half of Vortex is unforgivable.

I would have considered book 3 if the release date wasn’t a year from now, but on top of being so mad, I will not be finishing the series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment