Thursday, March 28, 2013

Creed (Unfinished Hero, #2) by Kristen Ashley


3.5 Stars

I really wanted to like Creed because I am a huge KA fan and I really liked Knight BUT I wasn’t feeling it. Suffice it to say, there’s a reason why it took me over a month to finish.

I was going back and forth between 3 and 3.5 stars, but ultimately there was enough drama and tension to push my rating to 3.5.

I like damaged characters and even though I’m not a HUGE fan of flashbacks, it wasn’t so bad. I wasn’t really interested in the flashbacks after most of the secrets were out, it kind of felt like I was re-reading what was just said.

Sylvie and Creed are childhood friends. Both come from broken homes. We don’t know what happened, but all we know is that Creed left 16 years ago and is back into Sylvie’s life. Both endured past pains and are trying to get over differences to move forward.

I wasn’t really interested in present day all bad arse Sylvie and I can’t pinpoint why. I like a strong girl, so I know that wasn’t my reason or maybe I just didn’t understand her until I got to know her. I’ll admit once I figured out what happened she wasn’t so bad.

I liked Creed and I was interested in why he had to redeem himself so badly. He’s not really bad, sure he has faults, but I thought Knight was more flawed. I think I would have enjoyed Creed more if he was more mean … maybe?

I liked the interaction between Sylvie and Creed. There was plenty of tension and steamy parts. The parts I didn’t really enjoy was the find-who-the-mole-is story line. Yeah, as much as I love Knight, I wasn’t really interested in the investigation. Also, some parts seem to drag on forever and yep, I started to skim towards the end.

Almost everything is out in the open towards the middle and I was expecting a kind of crazy climatic ending and I did get a slightly messed up twist, but that was it. Overall, the writing is fabulous, very much like the way KA writes and we all love it. I guess I was just not really interested in the characters or story line.

I hope Raid is a bit more messed up because I want a super dramatic epic read. For now, I’m taking a KA break.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment