Friday, April 12, 2013

Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1) by Tara Sivec


5 FUNNY Fantastic Flippin STARS!


Thank you so much, baby. I love you more than a hooker loves free VD testing day at the clinic

Okay, I know what you are thinking what took me so long to pick up Seduction and Snacks? I have no idea! I want to kick myself in the butt for not putting Tara Sivec on my list of authors to watch out for sooner.

[Summary]

Claire and Carter have a one night stand 5 years ago and Claire ends up pregnant. Claire and Carter never exchanged names and after Claire sneaks out the night after, it was impossible for the two to find each other again… until 5 years later. Carter shows up at the bar Claire works at and is drawn to Claire and doesn’t know why. Claire recognizes Carter and tries to find a way to tell Carter about his son.

[Review]

I didn’t know anything about Seduction and Snacks prior to reading. I only knew it was funny and had RAVE reviews. I am very happy that all the hype lived up to my expectations… fully… to 100%. My face - > :D

First off, this is a hilarious, laugh-out-loud, brings-a-smile-to-my-face kind of read!

That’s not just baggage, that’s luggage, bags, suitcases, carry-ons, back-packs and Clinique make-up bags

Honestly I felt like Claire and Carter were my best friends and I was just there to watch the Claire and Carter show. Oh and lets not forget adorable Gavin. Of course no 4 year old acts like that, well at least not my 5 year old nephew, but for the sake of the story, I went with it. I would say Gavin was the star of the story. Gavin is quirky, cute and says the “cutest” things!

From page one Seduction and Snacks was a perfect read. There were NO flashbacks (THANK GOD). In the beginning we get a glimpse of young Claire and Carter. I understand, we do stupid stuff back in college, believe me I’ve had my fair share of stories. I really enjoyed this part.

[Claire]

Claire is awesome and if she were a real person, I would be best friends with her. We would go shopping and buy vibrators together. Within the first few lines of dialogue from Claire, I knew I would like this Heroine. Claire is sassy, feisty, funny and just all around cool.

[Carter]

Even though Carter wasn’t 100% “swoon” worthy, he’s very likable. There was one part I was a little bit angry with him, but I think it’s because I am a girl and I’m more on Claire side. I actually liked that he’s a factory plant worker and yes I love my billionaire alpha males, but every once in awhile, it’s nice to like a “real” Hero.


That was the hottest thing I’ve ever seen. I should have done that five years ago.

Baby, if you would have done that five years ago, I would have handcuffed my vagina to your arm and made you do that to me every single day


I cannot gush enough on how much I loved this read. I loved every word and minute of it! There was never a dull moment. I even loved the side characters! I want Liz and Jim to be my best friends too! We all have people in our lives that support us unconditionally, even when we act stupid drunk.

With that said, I love the whole title and concept of Seduction and Snacks, it’s cute and witty. Tara Sivec is an incredible writer and I’m moving on to book 2, Futures and Frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment