Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wreck Me by J.L. Mac


5 delicious and steamy stars!

Delicate lace panties tear easily, especially when they’re damp. He’s a dirty scoundrel. I love it.


I am really surprised on how much I enjoyed Wreck Me, Despite the CLIFF-HANGER!

[Summary]

Josephine became an orphan at a very young age, because of that, she hasn’t has the best life. She’s almost homeless, poor and only has a GED. Working at a bookstore, she meets Damon. Damon is super successful, good-looking, dominate alpha male and is very interested in Josephine. Because of Josephine’s hardship and tragic past, she isn’t looking for a relationship, but it’s hard to say no to a bossy and pushy Damon.

[Review]

First off, the book starts with a BANG and it just grabs your attention. This was a very short read, so I knew a lot of things would form quickly and I was okay with that.

Josephine is pretty much a bad arse chick and usually these girls are hit or miss with me. At first I wasn’t really feeling her, but throughout the book, Josephine really warmed up to me. She’s confident, a little sassy, somewhat slutty, but she owns up to it.

Oh Damon, what can I say… is he the typical male Hero I look for in a read? Yes. I know it’s nothing original, but I don’t care, I LOVE IT! Damon is really a dominate male and it made the steamy scenes very enjoyable. Wreck Me has a lot of steamy scenes and usually this would put me off, but because of Damon’s character was written so likable (for me), I liked the steamy parts.

I feel like my world is crumbling beneath my feet but Damon walks in and I have something to grab onto. It’s frightening and comforting all in the same.

I understand the reviews and I can see how this wouldn’t be a knock-out read for some, but I get all mushy inside with the whole “damsel-in-distress” story line. Rich boy meets poor girl and basically turns her world upside down. Yes please! Give me a credit card with my name on it!

The twist is obvious, but that’s just a side plot. I really enjoyed Josephine and Damon’s relationship forming (even if it did formed quite quickly).

If you like a no-fuss, super steamy read with a very swoon worthy likable alpha-male, then Wreck Me is for you.

I need book 2, Restore me ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment