Thursday, April 18, 2013

Wounded by Jasinda Wilder


5 Stars

I need your kisses to make the memories disappear


OMGAH, where do I begin?

Disclaimer - I finished Wounded while I was on vacation, which was over a week ago, I usually like to write my reviews the day or day after I finish a read so it’s fresh on my mind so… I promise I’ll do my best to write a justified review.

First off, if you haven’t done this, PUT JASINDA WILDER on your list of Authors to watch out for!

I absolutely loved Falling Into You, and I was a little hesitant with Wounded, only because I usually don’t like modern WAR stories. I like to read about WWII or historical romance fiction, BUT I needed to see if Wilder was a one trick pony and SHE IS NOT. She’s the real deal and if you haven’t read any of her books, STOP what you are doing and read them!

Okay, enough gushing… on to the review, let’s start with the summary

[Summary]

I really don’t want to give a detail summary because I think it’s best to just go into Wounded with little information, to me, the read will be more epic and shocking.

This is Hunter and Rania’s story. Everyone in Rania’s life has left her. She’s all alone and doesn’t know what to do for income. On the brink of starving to death, Rania becomes a prostitute to earn money for food. Hunter is an American soldier who doesn’t have anyone either, prior to leaving for Iraq, Hunter and his longtime girlfriend break-up.

Hunter becomes wounded in an ambush and Rania recuses Hunter by bringing him back to her home to take care of him. Despite the language barrier and dire circumstances, Hunter and Rania form a bond.

[Review]

Wounded is not for the faint of heart, it’s RAW.EMOTIONAL.SHOCKING and so much more. Yes, it’s highly unrealistic; HOWEVER, it’s my fictional fantasy, which makes me LOVE IT MORE!

[Rania]

I LOVED Rania. I.FELT.FOR.RANIA. You just wanted to reach through the book and give her a big hug. I wouldn’t change anything about her. Rania was the perfect Heroine. I loved how damaged and multi- layered her character was. There was one part, where your heart just breaks for her. I loved how there were two sides of her. There was the strong Rania who had to put up a front to deal with her situation and then there was the venerable side and let’s just face it, I love the whole damsel-in-distress character, so I was all for this.

[Hunter]

Hunter is a great Hero. Who doesn’t want an alpha-male to protect you? I’ll admit, I’m not a fan of the whole solider thing, but oh my gah, Hunter is just too yummy. You felt for all the wounds he endured. Yes, most of the tragedies are Rania related, but I liked how Hunter had his issues as well. I loved reading his internal struggles and how he just wanted to do the right thing.

I’m in battle mode. Shut down. Hard. I’m not Hunter anymore. I’m Lance Corporal Lee, USMC. Semper Fi, bitches.

[Overall]

Wounded was just a fantastic read and I say that because I do not like modern War stories, but I could not but love it! Also, I am a HUGE fan of titles with double meanings or being referenced in the story. I thought Wounded was titled perfectly, in the sense, there was no explanation needed. We all know wounds are not always internal and I loved how it was used as a double meaning (at least for me).

Wounded is a beautifully written intense love story.

This is a can’t-put-it-down read and I 100% recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment