Thursday, May 2, 2013

This Girl by Colleen Hoover


5 Stars

I can’t write a review because I don’t think I can form into words what I would describe as one of the top alternative POV novels I’ve had the pleasure of reading.

….and I don’t like alternative POV novels, however there’s always exceptions, like Walking Disaster and now This Girl

Oh the many ways I love Will…


First sentence…

If I took every romantic poem, every book, every song, and every movie I've ever read, heard, or seen and extracted the breathtaking moments, somehow bottling them up, they would pale in comparison to this moment.

OMG … SWOON… FAINT… Are you serious?! What a great opening. The moment I read that first sentence I knew I would be in for a treat.

Basically I was up and down. I was giddy with joy, then sobbing big fat ugly tears and then just sighing in contentment with swoon-overload.

I LOVE Colleen Hoover. Only she could re-write a story and make me feel like I am reading a completely new book. I needed This Girl I needed to know what Will was thinking, how he was feeling and I am just so freaking ecstatic I GOT IT!

Will is my book boyfriend. I loved him in Slammed and I loved him in Point of Retreat and I freaking want to mold myself to him in This Girl

Just a few of my Favorite Will Quotes…


Looking down at her, watching her laugh… God, I’ve never wanted to kiss a girl so bad in my entire life.

Its new. Its scary. Its exciting. It’s nerve-racking. It’s calming. Its every single emotion I’ve ever felt balled up into an intense urge to grab hold of her and never let go

It’s like I couldn’t breathe unless I was never you

I don’t understand how I went so long without her and now I feel like she’s such a vital part of me, I’ll die if I’m not touching her


One last thought, I thought, from the cover, to the story, to the title… it was sheer PERFECTION!



No comments:

Post a Comment