Friday, August 23, 2013

Book Review - Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters


6 Captivating Stars

Words CAN.NOT describe what a beautiful, emotional, gut-wrenching, soul-searching kind of read Tears of Tess was for me.

I simply LOVED it!

My emotions through-out

At 1% when I read 

I wanted a new label. One that said: girlfriend who will do anything to be tied, spanked, and fucked all over rather than adored   

I just knew I was going into something special. 

At 11% I was like OH SHIT!

At 30 % I had a big smile on my face

At 46 % I was just a BALL. OF. EMOTIONS!!!

At 68% I couldn’t tear away from my tablet, it was just so good.

At 86% my heart was beating a million miles

At 100% I just had a book orgasm. 



[Summary]

Tess is an ordinary girl from Australia, with an ordinary boyfriend and an ordinary sex-life.  But she wants more than the ordinary sex-life… something less conventional. Tess and her boyfriend go on Holiday to Cancun Mexico and all is well until she gets kidnapped and sold to a man who goes by the name of Q. Q is no ordinary Master. He’s no ordinary man and Tess has become his new Slave. 

[Disclaimer]

Let’s put that disclaimer out there, because I will get asked this A LOT. First off, I wasn’t a fan of Captive and not because it was too dark.  I couldn’t find any redeeming qualities in Caleb. So if you want to compare Tears of Tess to Captive, please do not. It’s not the same.  Tears of Tess has its own unique writing style and plot.  However, Tears of Tess does have the same feel as Captive, Consequences, and Killing Sarai. Hopefully that makes sense.


I hadn’t gone Stockholmy- I hated him, knew what he did was wrong, but my body, shit, my body didn’t care.

He would look after me as long as I pleased him

[Tess]

Tess is wonderful, she smart, strong, resilient, beautiful and the fact she is Australian just tickles me to no end. Tears of Tess is written from her POV and you completely, 100% FEEL FOR HER. I got her emotions, I got her struggles and yes at some times, I was gutted with shock and grief, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I loved her.

[Q]   

Oh God. Q. I think that is my new favorite letter. I LOVED Q. I want to make babies with Q, I want him to use me, abuse me and do it all over again. Could Pepper have written a more perfectly, beautifully damaged character? I think not. Q was P.E.R.F.E.C.T.  I saw the wealthy, controlled alpha male. I also saw the tortured and vulnerable monster.  Q had such conflictions which rounded his character nicely. 


Q moved with power and undeniable knowledge of perfect control.

I will learn who you are one day. That is a promise. And my promises are law

[Review]

The beginning starts out with a lot of character development on Tess’ part. You really get to know Tess and if you are like me, I love character development.  I really got to know her and her issues.  When Tess got kidnapped, I felt like I was jolted into a crazy ride and I loved it. It would not say Tears of Tess was a difficult read, I would say it was a dark read. 

I love the power struggle between Tess and Q. Even though Q had all of the power, the chemistry between the Hero and Heroine just worked for me. The main reason why I love this book so much is because I understood Q.  Even when he was sadistic, mean, and just didn’t seem to give a fuck, I got him and I loved him even more for it. 


Only think of me and what I’m doing. There is intimacy in pain esclave. Let me make your pain my pleasure.

And the steam…. Yes they were my favorite parts. Let me clarify, I love steam, but kinky, very different and pushing the boundaries steam, well damn. I LOVE IT!  Pepper did not disappoint. If you want something different, you will get it.


…put a man who wanted to hurt in front of me, with fucking on his mind and bondage in his thoughts, and I unraveled like the slut I’d become.

The monster roared, beating his cheats, salivating at the thought of what was to come.

Pepper is an excellent writer and I am completely shocked she wrote Tears of Tess in seven weeks. That’s pure fucking talent.  I’ve said it before and I say it again. Reading books like Tears of Tess is the sole reason why I do what I do. It’s the reason why I pick up a book, write about it and let the world know, because when you write something that it just so beyond perfect, beautiful and good, EVERYONE should know.

Rating
6 Stars

Add to - > GOODREADS

Be sure to enter the giveaway to win an eCopy - > HERE
Be sure to visit when Tears of Tess is release on September 6th,  for an author interview and yes, another giveaway!


And here's the Prologue. 
(You can thank Pepper for this...)

Three little words. 

If anyone asked what I was most afraid of, what terrified me, stole my breath, and made my life flicker before my eyes, I would say three little words. 
How could my perfect life plummet so far into hell? 
How could my love for Brax twist so far into unfixable? 

The black musty hood over my head suffocated thoughts, and I sat with hands bound behind my back. Twine rubbed my wrists with hungry stringed teeth, ready to bleed me dry in this new existence. 
Noise. 

The cargo door of the airplane opened and footsteps thudded toward us. My senses were dulled, muted by the black hood; my mind ran amok with terror-filled images. Would I be raped? Mutilated? Would I ever see Brax again? 

Male voices argued, and someone wrenched my arm upright. I flinched, crying out, earning a fist to my belly.
Tears streamed down my face. The first tears I shed, but definitely not the last. 
This was my new future.  Fate threw me to the bastards of Hades. 
“That one.”

My stomach twisted, threatening to evict empty contents. Oh God. 

Three little words:

I was sold.

5 comments:

  1. Holy crap! I was debating actually reading this because I get so emotional and I'm tired of my soul shattering with books like these. But darn! Your review makes me want to read it even though there's a good chance I'll cry lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's emotional, but it's a good emotional! I promise :D

      Delete
  2. I have been looking forward to this book and your review makes me want to read it even more. I have to say though that I don't agree with the statement about the book Captive, I found redeeming qualities in Caleb and I thought it was a fantastic series. I guess it is all in the readers eye that is why I don't ever compare one book to another this way because you will always insult someone, especially the other author or a reader that was invested in that series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're review just made me want to read it that much more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this review! So on point, definitely felt the same way reading this book. Really keeps you turning the pages: http://www.romanticalaid.com/tears-of-tess-by-pepper-winters/

    ReplyDelete