Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Author Interview - Katy Evans



Today, I have the lovely Katy Evans, author of Real (Real, Raw & Ripped #1) and soon to be released Mine (Real, Raw & Ripped #2).  I love REAL!  My 6 star review of Real (Real, Raw & Ripped #1) is - > HERE.  Katy will also be in Houston, TX for the Houston Book Rave on Nov 2 and I cannot wait to meet her!!!

Remy is such a crazy, intensive, yet swoon worthy character, how did you come up with him? Did you always want him to be a boxer?

Thanks so much for having me over! Remy is definitely intense and swoon worthy, and from the moment I met him, yes, I knew he was a boxer. He came to me all in one delicious package.

I love reading books when songs are reference, did you always know you wanted music to play a huge role in Real or did it just happen?

I didn't begin the story planning for music to be such an integral part, but Remy seems to like music, so when the plane scene happened, that's when the music started unfolding, and I was so happy with the songs they played to each other. Some I'd heard before, but others they completely introduced me to, like the Avril Lavigne "I Love You" song.

What can we expect from MINE?

A lot of what you discovered in REAL. Passion, desire, strength and vulnerability, protectiveness, surprises...MINE is definitely another roller coaster.

You have five books planned for the “Raw and Ripped” series, will you be writing them back to back or do you plan on writing another book in a new series between?

I plan to write these stories back to back, and then begin with a new series I already have mapped out in my head.

How you tell us 5 fun facts about yourself?

I'm a mother, wife, daughter, writer, and reader. I also love chocolate, nutritious food, books, movies, and walks.

What is your favorite book?

I love TRYST by Elswyth Thane, it's remained with me since the day I read it.

What inspires you to write?

Inspiration seems to come from a lot of places. A saying, a news story, a line from a book, a song, a feeling. I really respond to feelings and they usually really spark me up! Thanks so much for having me again, Jacqueline. I enjoyed stopping by!

THANK YOU KATY FOR ANSWERS, WE LOVE YOU!!! <3

REAL
A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .

But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.

I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.

If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?


MINE
(To Be Released on Nov, 5th)
In the international bestseller REAL, the unstoppable bad boy of the 
Underground fighting circuit finally met his match. Hired to keep him in
 prime condition, Brooke Dumas unleashed a primal desire in Remington 
“Riptide” Tate as vital as the air he breathes . . . and now he can’t 
live without her. 

Brooke never imagined she would end up with the man who is every woman’s dream, but not all dreams end happily ever after, and just when Remington needs her the most, Brooke makes a discovery that forces her away from the 

ringside. Now with distance and darkness between them, the only thing 
left is to fight for the love of the man she calls MINE.

Pre-Order Links

MINE - > AMAZON - B&N - ITUNES
REAL - > AMAZON - B&N - ITUNES
REMY- > AMAZON - B&N - ITUNES


2 comments:

  1. Love the interview Jacqueline !
    Can`t wait for Mine`s release.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you... Thank you so much! And thanks for all the FB likes and comments too :D

      Delete