Wednesday, September 4, 2013

ORIGIN (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout


6 SEXY.OH.MY.GOD.DAEMON-TAKE-MY-BODY. STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Series Order
Shadows (Lux, #0.5) 
Obsidian (Lux, #1) 
Onyx (Lux, #2) 
Origin (Lux, #4) 
Opposition (Lux, #5) 

Let me just start this review out like this….

I LOVED ORIGIN. I LOVED DAEMON. I LOVED KATY. AND. I LOVE JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT. 

Sometimes when I like a book so much I get crushes on the author, it’s true. It’s because when they create such an epic story, I just can’t but help but love the person who wrote it. Oh come on, you know you do too.

Let me put that disclaimer out there - > I will only give away what’s in the blurb (except for the images and quotes)

Can I just say, Opal has probably one of the best cliffys! I do not like cliffys, BUT lately I have been warming up to them.   I think it’s because when I finish a book and there’s that cliffy, I just think to myself, damn, why do I feel these emotions? But then a tiny bit of me inside loves it. 

Daemon is on a mission to save Katy.  I do love a damsel in distress story line. Oh I do.  Who doesn’t want a BIG ALPHA MALE to come save you?  I have to say, the major star of the book is Daemon. And OH.GOD. do I love the duel POV. THANK YOU!!!


… I saw Daemon in my head – that ever-present, infuriating smirk on his expressive face – and I missed him so badly a burning crawled up my throat.

One of the things I love most about Origin is that it just continues the story from Opal, meaning I love seeing Kat and Daemon’s relationship progress and grow. You can see how much has changed from Obsidian (Book 1) to Origin.  Origin is mostly about Katy and Daemon, but you see a lot of the supporting characters and also a new one, Archer, who is a big fat mystery.

What makes Origin so great is that there is no BS. There are no filler pages, filler scenes or filler words.  Everything that was written was necessary.  Also, it’s a love story between two epic and great characters. I love Katy. She’s a lot stronger in this one and you FEEL.FOR.HER! You really do and you just want to cheer and support her.  Of course, like I said it’s all about Daemon.


And I’m not going to let you do this by yourself You’re my – everything , Kat

Just imagine the perfect Hero, just image the guy you dream about, just image the kind of love that takes your breath away and Daemon is that - > TIMES TEN! Oh and the banter between Katy and Daemon was perfect. Yes, the story was serious, but I laughed at many parts. Katy and Daemon are adorable and cute.
His kisses really did have the power to change lives. Not that I’d admit that. His ego was ginormous as it was.


 I’ll burn the world down to save her

I’d take out an army, burn down an entire city and throw the world into chaos if I had to in order to keep Kat out of that place.

There’s tons of stuff that goes on and you learn a lot.  There’s plenty of tension and obstacles to keep you interested and it’s never dull. Just when you think its calm, bam, you are slapped in the face again, but oh in a delicious way.   Yes, people will get hurt, yes there’s some steam, and yes there will be major twists and turns.

Origin is basically everything you can look for in an EPIC READ
Of course Origin will give you a glimpse of what Opposition, (Book 5) will be about and I can’t wait! There is a closed cliffy in Origin, meaning, yes there’s a cliffy, but you will be fine with it.

READ ORIGIN or START the SERIES!!!! IT’S A MUST!!! (Even if you don’t like paranormal reads, do it for Daemon alone, TRUST ME, you will be thanking me later for it)

You know, I haven’t told you this enough, and I should tell you every chance I get, but I love you. I know you do, even if you don’t say it all the time. I love you.


And in case you were wondering, the models on the cover are actually engaged to each other and their names are Pepe Toth and Sztella Tziotziosz. And Pepe is a professional soccer player. BAD ASS RIGHT?!

Series can be purchased - > HERE

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I wasn't aware of this series and I just got Shadows free & bought Obsidian. Looking forward to reading these!

    ReplyDelete