Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1) by Susan Ee

AngelfallAngelfall by Susan Ee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Stars

WOW

YUP… that pretty sums up what I just read… just WOW.

Okay, so I’ve been in a young adult paranormal mood or something with a lot of fantasy. I read the reviews and thought, what the heck, let’s give Angelfall a try. Let me just say this, the cover does not do justice. Angelfall is filled with crazy, drama, action, emotions and lots of EYE POPPING SCENES.

Oh my goodness. I love it!

The setting is a dystopian society and its humans verse Angels. Different right? Usually in the books I read, it’s the angels that are good, but here it’s a nice little twist. Penryn, her sister and mom are out one night and witness Raffe, an Angel, getting attacked. He gets his wings hacked off. Gross, but very dramatic. Penryn tries to save Raffe but in the process Penryn’s sister gets kidnapped. So Penryn strikes a deal with Raffe, Raffe will lead Penryn back to his Angel people and Penryn will get a chance to save her sister.

First off, love the summary. It’s enduring having Penryn try to save her sister and I simply LOVE the tension between Penryn and Raffe.

They do not like each other, but have a common goal.

I don’t know why, but I didn’t want touchy feeling romance, I just wanted raw, gritty and dark. Penryn is hands down hardcore. All Heroines in paranormal books should strive to be her character. Oh, this girl is no damsel in distress (and everyone knows how much I love those kinds of girls), it just works, her kick-butt, attitude. Then there’s Raffe, you can’t but feel bad for the guy, he had his wings hacked off! He does everything he can to just try to get back to his people so he can get his wings sewn back on.

On their journey, there’s plenty of stuff that happens. It’s not a long drawn out book, there’s so much that goes on, your heart BEATS A MILLION MILES! You feel for the two, you are always on guard and you never know who is friend or foe. The thing I love so much about dystopian books is the whole survival tendencies.

What are you willing to do in order to survive?

Then you get to the climatic ending, oh my god. You thought the whole book was intense, oh no, the last few chapters, you are just gripping the pages and wondering how it’s going to end!

Is there a cliffy? Well with any YA book in a series, you have to have close cliffy to keep it going right? I can’t wait for the next book and I’m so bum and so happy the series isn’t done. GAH, what will I do once I have to wait for the next one!

READ IT … it’s worth it!

Angelfall AMAZON

For more reviews - > http://jacquelinesreads.blogspot.com

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Great to see this book getting some attention! I read it in 2012 and was captivated by it as you were.
    I was hoping for a sequel, and TADA! "World After (Penryn & the End of Days, Book 2)" was released 11/19/2013. I bought it but have not read it yet. I'm looking forward to reading it as when I read it I keep seeing that last scene in my mind. I LOVE ROMANCE, esp. STEAMY romance... and, give me a good dystopian book and I'll fall right in!

    ReplyDelete