Thursday, March 27, 2014

Ignite (Ignite, #1) by R.J. Lewis

Ignite (Ignite, #1)Ignite by R.J. Lewis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.25 (Childhood Friends Falling In Love) Stars

Ignite is a CRAZY ANGST Relationship book. To my surprise, I really liked it!

Ignite is about two childhood friends, Sarah and Jaxon. First off, they have the CUTEST meet-cute! I really loved it. Second off, THERE ARE NO FLASHBACKS!!!!! Yes, it’s their story from 8 years old to present and not once there was a flashback, meaning, Lewis wrote in chronological order.

I LOVE IT!

Sara is from a broken home and it has made her shy and timid. Jaxon is the bad boy in the block and who makes his money by stealing. Jaxon saves Sara from being bullied and from there they forge a friendship (more on Sara side). The beginning part is Sara and Jaxon’s childhood to college years. It’s SUPER CUTE.

Eventually both grow up and face true relationship problems.

At one point I was really frustrated with Sara because I didn’t understand why her personality changed so quickly, but then I sort of got it and I understood why Lewis went there. You just have to get through her crazy moment.

What made me like Ignite so much is just how intense the story and relationship is. I love intense relationships. I love the can-not-breath-without-each-other love. Jaxon is 100% alpha male and you will love him from start to finish, even when he’s REALLY REALLY REALLY mean and believe me, he can get really mean.

Towards the climatic ending Ignite shifts in plot and it kind of opens it to the next book Burn. There is an open cliffy so watch out.

If you like crazy love stories that are SUPER intense and make your heart pump, then Ignite is for you!

Ignite (Ignite, #1)AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment