Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Dragon's Lair (Wind Dragons MC, #1) by Chantal Fernando

Dragon's Lair (Wind Dragons MC, #1)Dragon's Lair by Chantal Fernando
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.25 MC Stars

This is my second book by Chantal Fernando, I will admit, I kind of put her books on the back burner because the last one had cheating and it freaked me out. However, I was drawn to the cover and summary of Dragon’s Lair.

I’m glad I picked this sucker up, because I was attached to the pages and didn’t want to let go until I was done.

Faye

Faye walks into her boyfriend cheating on her. She’s pissed and she’s single. Faye’s, ex-boyfriend has a brother Faye has always had a crushed on, but has never really done anything about it…. until now.

Dex

Dex is part of a motorcycle club. He’s a lot older than Faye and although he’s known Faye growing up, because of their age difference, they never really hung out. Now, Faye is twenty and beautiful and he wants her.

Review

Both partake in a night of bliss and never see each other again. Until months later, Dex is back into her life and she has no choice but to follow him into his crazy club.

I really liked how light and sweet this one is. As sexy and dramatic the cover is there weren’t really any cringe worthy moments. I really like Dex and Faye’s relationship. There’s plenty of cute banter and you know I’m all about the alpha males.

Chantal knows how to write a book with a leading alpha male. You will want Dex to be your man and your protector when you are done reading.

I did wish the book was longer and I wish there was a bit more character lead-up and development. As much as I am not a fan of angst, I felt the read was a tad short. I think I was enjoying it so much I just wanted more. The lightness of the book could be a hinder, since most MC books are a bit darker and has more angst, but I was really fine with the flow. Yes, there are fights, people get killed, but it doesn’t leave you devastated.

Overall Dragon’s Lair was a refreshing MC book and I will gladly keep up with the series.

Dragon's Lair (Wind Dragons MC, #1) by Chantal Fernando AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment