Monday, June 2, 2014

Getting Dirty by Cheryl McIntyre

Getting Dirty (Dirty, #1)Getting Dirty by Cheryl McIntyre
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 I want to be DIRTY stars

This will be a review for all five mini novellas. No SPOILERS

It’s very difficult for me to read books that are broken up. I usually wait for raving reviews and for the series to be fully finished. I was very surprised on how much I loved the Dirty series.

As always when I am shocked, I can say I didn’t know what to expect, but it was nothing what I expected and it was a treat to read!

Review

There’s a Hero and a Heroine.

The Hero - > Linken He witnessed his girlfriend getting raped and killed. For years this has haunted Linken. His girlfriend was his everything. He planned on marrying her, he sacrificed everything for her and he is a complete mess. He wants one thing and he will do anything it takes to get it.

Linken is on a mission for Revenge

The Heroine - > Rocky Rocky was raped when she was a teenager. She has never fully recovered from her assault and she copes by letting men go down on her in public bathrooms. She also drinks so she doesn’t need to feel.

Two people have damaged past and hurt badly

I’m a huge fan of books with themes like killers or revenge. No, Linken isn’t an assassin, but I love how ALPHA he is. You feel for him. He’s a broken man with a torn past and he truly loved his girlfriend. As much as I love how pretty the cover is, it’s not about him as a fighter. He owns a gym and he does box for fun, but the story is about two people trying to move forward.

Rocky is one of those self-destruct Heroines that can go bad real fast, but she never did. She was never annoying, even when she was pushing her limits and playing with fire. I found her drama really entertaining to read. Rocky’s brother works at Linken’s gym, so Rocky lands a job as Linken’s assistant. You can see where the story goes.

The one thing I really enjoyed about this series is how there was no fluff. I felt like each book put me on a roller coaster and it was just one thing to the next. It was wonderful. Oh and those cliffys will kill ya, so make sure you have time to finish the book in one sitting like me.

The Dirty series is a dark dramatic read with very graphic scenes. It’s not for the faint of heart and I loved every minute of it.

Series Order (5 Mini Novellas)
Getting Dirty (Dirty, #1) by Cheryl McIntyre AMAZON
Playing Dirty (Dirty, #2) by Cheryl McIntyre AMAZON
Talking Dirty (Dirty, #3) by Cheryl McIntyre AMAZON
Fighting Dirty (Dirty, #4) by Cheryl McIntyre AMAZON
Staying Dirty (Dirty, #5) by Cheryl McIntyre AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment