Thursday, June 5, 2014

It Ain't Me, Babe (Hades Hangmen, #1) by Tillie Cole

It Ain't Me, Babe (Hades Hangmen, #1)It Ain't Me, Babe by Tillie Cole
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.75 (Finding Each Other Again) Stars

I know what you are thinking, why didn’t you just bump it up to five stars Jacqueline? Well, I really liked It Ain’t Me, Babe. I loved the story line, I loved how intense, raw and gritty it was, the only thing I had an issue with was the flow. At some parts it seemed to drag a bit.

Background

There are two worlds, the biker world and “The Order”. Think Motorcycle Club verse Mormons extremist. Makes for a kinky and good read? HECK YEAH!

Salome is part of The Order. She’s beautiful and because of that she is a sinner and is closed off from everyone. She’s abused, used and she wants to die.

Styx is the son of the president of a Motorcycle club. He has a speech impediment but that doesn’t mean he’s any less tough. He’s loyal, strong and brave.

One day, both Salome and Styx as children meet up. They have their first kiss and never see each other again. Fifteen years later, Salome shows up at the MC’s house, battered, broken and bleeding.

Styx takes her in.

My Thoughts

I’ve read a few Mormon biographies and I think the whole society is fascinating. I can say, I’ve never read nonfiction that had a hint of a story line loosely based on Mormon’s beliefs. I think that is why I enjoyed It Ain’t me, Babe so much. Again, I’m a sucker for a damsel in distress storyline.

The thing I love about MC books is how nasty the Hero can be. Styx is no saint. He uses women, kills and involves himself in illegal actives. He’s pure alpha male, speech impediment or not. I know I have a thing for Heroes with disabilities. It just makes them so darn loveable!

When Styx takes Salome in, the book isn’t all about her getting situated in the real world. Yes, she’s naïve and doesn’t know that much, but her figuring things out doesn’t last long. Those parts are cute though. The story is mainly about what happens in the club and all the enemies involved.

There is some tension between Styx and Salome because Styx knows he can’t be with her. She’s good, pure and innocent. Styx’s world is dirty, but he’s very drawn to her. Salome is confused and befriends one of the brothers in the club. There’s some what a one sided love triangle going on too. Things get messy and you know what hits the fan.

You never know what’s going to happen and I was shocked throughout the book.

I couldn’t get enough of this story. It was exactly what I was looking for in an MC book. You will not be disappointed.

It Ain't Me, Babe (Hades Hangmen, #1) by Tillie Cole AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment