Sunday, June 22, 2014

Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1) by Quinn Loftis

Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1)Prince of Wolves by Quinn Loftis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 She is my Mate Stars

I’ve been looking for a good paranormal read and although I’m not a huge fan of YA novels, I do think YA paranormal novels can be very juicy if done right.

Overall I did like Prince of Wolves, but I did find the writing style, very descriptive and dragging a bit. I found myself skimming to get to the point of the issue; however the issue kept me so tense, I couldn’t stop reading.

I wished I didn’t read the summary prior to reading, but let’s just say, there’s a Hero, Fane and he found his mate. The one person who is made for him and it’s a human girl name Jacque. Jacque doesn’t know anything about the wolf world, but she is drawn to Fane for some reason.

That’s the summary I wanted to read, it’s cute and shot and let’s just say this…

Fane is SUPER ALPHA! Ahhhh, that is one of the reasons why I love wolf theme books, it’s very easy to have the Hero just raw, possessive and very sexy.

Fane is the star of this book and I loved reading Fane and Jacque’s relationship. I would describe Prince of Wolves very cute because it’s a YA, so there is mild flirtation and very youthful conversation between Jacque and her best gal friends (which kind of was irritating and I wanted to fast forward those parts).

I did love the way Fane spoke to Jacque, it was just so proper and very old fashion, it made him so different from the humans. So Jacque and Fane live next door to each other and Fane is a foreign exchange student. Fane can speak to Jacque through his mind and Jacque is very confused by all of this.

There’s little drama between the internal characters, meaning Jacque’s parents and best friends weren’t annoying. You know how sometimes the parents can be a “villain” in the book, but this time, they weren’t and I liked that. There is a true villain that does pop up and oh boy does the story line pick up when that issue does happen.

I would have liked if the pace was faster and more was edited out, but the storyline and plot kept me so interested, I couldn’t stop reading.

For now, I will continue with the series.

Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1) by Quinn Loftis AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment