Saturday, June 7, 2014

Reaper's Property (Reapers MC, #1) by Joanna Wylde

Reaper's Property (Reapers MC, #1)Reaper's Property by Joanna Wylde
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.25 Lickable Stars

Marie lives with her brother Jeff. Jeff is involved with the Reaper’s Motorcycle Club. Marie doesn’t get involved, but she cooks for the brothers when they come to visit from time to time. All of them are sexy, tatted and dressed in leather. But one brother catches Marie’s eye and it’s Horse.

Review

I need to get this off my chest before I start. I do not like reading the middle of the book in the first chapter. I do not like flashbacks and I do not like chapters in different POV’s that rewinds and tells me the exact same scene I just read. I’m crazy, but I hate reading a future scene in a book within the first chapter, it drives me bonkers! Also, the parts where it’s told in a different POV, but retells the scene over, I just skimmed it. I wasn’t going to read it again (different POV or not).

Now, that is off my chest I can continue.

I liked Reaper’s Property a lot. It’s not as dirty or gritty as the other MC books I’ve read, but there aren’t any really fluffy parts. I really liked Marie. I thought she was just doing what was best for her in the situation she was in. Marie is a good sister, she cooks and cleans for Jeff, until Jeff gets into trouble and Marie buys Jeff time by going with Horse to the club.

I really like the kind of kidnap storyline. I also liked that she wasn’t too sassy. As much as I love strong Heroines, it gets kind of tiring when they keep on mouthing off to the Hero. She kind of goes along with what Horse says because he’s the dominate one and she doesn’t have a choice. To me that made for a sexy read.

I liked Horse and he wasn’t as bad as some Heroes can be. Yes, I said it! He could have been more of a jerk. You can tell he truly likes Marie and wants to be with her. He doesn’t give mix signals and I like how honest he is with her.

Towards the ending, I was getting frustrated with Marie because she started to act like a typical little stressed out Heroine and I didn’t like that, but it didn’t last too long. Overall, Reaper’s Property was an entertaining read I read in one sitting.

Reaper's Property (Reapers MC, #1) by Joanna Wylde AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment