Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) by Gena Showalter

The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1)The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Maddox Alpha Lovin’ Stars

I’ve been craving for a good paranormal read. I wanted something with an intense alpha hero that would leave me swooning and drooling. I think I got it with The Darkest Night.

The Darkest Night is a very long read and it has a super slow pace, but I love the plot and storyline and the characters had really great chemistry.

Summary

Ashley hears voices and it’s causes her a lot of pain. Maddox is cursed with a demon inside of him. He dies every night at midnight and goes to hell to be tortured until the morning, where he comes to alive again. One night he sees Ashley in his area and he goes to investigate.

Ashley knows Maddox is scary news, but for once she finds peace and silence, she does everything she can to be near Maddox so she doesn’t hear the voices.

Ashley

I like Ashley. She’s strong and I love how she can hear other people. Because of this, it causes her a lot of grief and you feel for the girl. Also, she’s the damsel in distress I love to read. When she goes back with Maddox, Ashley soon realizes Maddox isn’t human and isn’t the only nonhuman living with Maddox. Ashley has this crazy attraction towards Maddox, but is still a little scared.

Maddox

Maddox is a big alpha dog and I love his issues! Who doesn’t feel bad for the guy who does every night? You feel for Maddox as well because at midnight (no matter where he is), he must die. It’s a pain he must endure daily and in the midst of his pain, he finds some inner peace being near Ashley.

Overall

Ashley did frustrate me a bit since she pushed Maddox away a lot, but it did create good tension. I wouldn’t call The Darkest Night too steamy, let’s just say there’s A LOT of tension and build up. I did like getting to know the side characters and it was a big confusing figuring out who was what and who had what issues, but it did prepare me for future reads.

I will move forward with the series and look forward to reading more dominate Heroes.

The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) by Gena ShowalterAMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment