Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Deacon (Unfinished Hero, #4) by Kristen Ashley

Deacon (Unfinished Hero, #4)Deacon by Kristen Ashley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 YAY, it’s the Unfinished Hero series!!! Stars

Doesn’t it feel like FOREVER since the last unfinished Hero book? I’ve been DYING for this one.

Deacon wasn’t as gritty as what I am use to with this series. Deacon was kind of light hearted, but it definitely has the alpha Kristen Ashley hero we crave and LOVE

Summary

Cassidy throws her life savings and purchases cabins to rent out. The cabins need a lot of TLC and over the course of years, she fixes the place. Over the course of years, a mysterious man comes very randomly to rent out the same cabin. Cassidy doesn’t interact with him that much except that she provides the keys and takes his money, but that’s about it.

Review

I love the plot. I think the idea of Cassidy owning cabins and fixing them up is really cute. Even though the beginning is a bit slow, I love the slow build up between Cassidy and Deacon. I like how there is no insta-love or insta-lust. I like how Deacon is a big mystery and he shows up randomly.

Of course eventually there is interaction and you know how Kristen Ashley writes her Heroes. They never speak in full sentences, are always in charge, mysterious and very alpha. Like I say, I love it. Deacon is attracted to Cassidy but doesn’t have much to offer her.

He doesn’t even tell her his last name, that’s how much he can offer her.

But Cassidy doesn’t think with her brain, she’s using her heart and her heart tells her that Deacon makes her feel good and so far it’s enough.

The second half of the book, things shift and it’s steamier and there is a little more meat in the relationship. We start to question who Deacon is, where he comes from and why is he the way he is. I did feel like getting to the shift, it dragged a bit, but once you get to it, it picks up.

Overall, I enjoyed Deacon very much. It wasn’t my favorite, I love Knight, but very enjoyable regardless.


Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1) by Kristen AshleyREVIEW | AMAZON
Creed (Unfinished Hero, #2) by Kristen AshleyREVIEW | AMAZON
Raid (Unfinished Hero, #3) by Kristen AshleyAMAZON
Deacon (Unfinished Hero, #4) by Kristen AshleyAMAZON

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment